IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Old 03-22-2015, 04:23 PM
All-Pro

Default compensatory draft picks

Nfl should announce the comp picks for each team this upcoming week.

According to overthecap estimates, the Texans will be awarded a fifth and three picks in 6th round.

The fifth for Antonio Smith, and sixth for Earl Mitchell, Ben Tate, and Joe Mays.

Sounds fair and perhaps helps Texans maneuver some trades.

Last edited by Nconroe; 03-22-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:27 PM
All-Pro

Default Texans add 3 Comp Picks

5. 38-174
6. 36-211
6. 41-216

In the "rich get richer" category, the Patriots get the top compensation pick in the third round.

Indy gets one pick in the 7th. Tennesee and Jacksonville got zilch.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...ry-draft-picks
Old 03-24-2015, 08:08 AM
Pro Bowler

I hate the Comp Pick system. If a team can't sign their players, then they shouldn't be rewarded. If the NFL must stick to this ridiculous system, then a team shouldn't be awarded anything higher than a 4th RD pick (of course, at the end of the RD). I even think it shouldn't be anything more than a 5th. I think awarding teams 3rd RD picks penalizes the other teams too much. 3rd, 4th RD picks are premium picks, IMO. Why should HOU or whoever be penalized because NE or whoever couldn't/wouldn't sign their own player? It's a farce.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
I hate the Comp Pick system. If a team can't sign their players, then they shouldn't be rewarded. If the NFL must stick to this ridiculous system, then a team shouldn't be awarded anything higher than a 4th RD pick (of course, at the end of the RD). I even think it shouldn't be anything more than a 5th. I think awarding teams 3rd RD picks penalizes the other teams too much. 3rd, 4th RD picks are premium picks, IMO. Why should HOU or whoever be penalized because NE or whoever couldn't/wouldn't sign their own player? It's a farce.
I think this was a bargaining chip between the league and the union to get more players an opportunity.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:26 AM
Hall of Fame

Looks like this, now:

Round 1: 16th overall
Round 2: 51st overall
Round 3: 82nd overall
Round 4: 116th overall
Round 5: 152nd overall
Round 5: 174th overall*
Round 6: 194th overall
Round 6: 211th overall*
Round 6: 216th overall*
Round 7: 235th overall

*Compensatory pick

10 picks. I'll be somewhat surprised if they use all 10. Can't trade or bargain with the comp picks but you can with all the others....
Old 03-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
I think this was a bargaining chip between the league and the union to get more players an opportunity.
That's fine, but my problem is awarding premium picks. They can still award picks. Just do it from RD4 or RD5 on down. For example, instead awarding a 3rd RD pick, award them a 5th and 6th. That ensures even more players get drafted and a shot. Ultimately, adding comp picks does nothing for increasing player opportunities due to the roster size limit. Until the NFL increases that, there are only so many spots available - regardless of how many picks they add.