IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 01-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
It's obviously not every player since Cooks came out vocally in support. But it's not surprising if it's some or most of the players. Why wouldn't players on this franchise be upset? What blows my mind is the idea the players are upset now over a GM hire, but nobody said anything when Hopkins was shipped out.
Who is best buds with the new GM? Who is best buds with Cooks?

Expect some very direct questions to Caserio in the PC tomorrow. Will be telling how he reacts to questions about certain subjects and individuals.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:53 AM
Regular Starter

New HC nuggets today.

Brady was VERY impressive in his interview.

Daboll is in play and shares an agent with Caserio and others in the org.

Saleh is very much in play.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:48 AM
Regular Starter

Sounds like Caserio wants to interview Bienemy. Still some internal discussions about it...could see a request going out soon.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:03 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerack View Post
That guy is a total cancer, isn't he? It's annoying yet totally unsurprising that Necktown media won't take him on. You know, it's funny, someone called out Pancakes for letting national media scoop them on an obvious story about what a total POS this guy is and Pancakes got all offended saying that the paper has a strict and correct policy of not publishing stories that rely on unnamed sources and literally yesterday I read one or another of that fckwit's pieces in that disgraceful paper and of course it relied on unnamed sources.

Houston is a total joke.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:14 PM
All-Pro

Quote:

Expect some very direct questions to Caserio in the PC tomorrow. Will be telling how he reacts to questions about certain subjects and individuals.
You don't have to convince me this franchise is dysfunctional. I was just pointing out every player isn't upset.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:34 PM
Regular Starter

I would've been thrilled with Caserio if they'd have gotten him when they fired Gaine. Now, not so much, although I'm slowly warming up to it (the bar couldn't have been set much lower). I would've liked to see a fresh perspective brought in rather than what sure looks like the continuation of the failed wannabe New England model. The "Patriot way" has yet to be successfully replicated anywhere and, as has been mentioned, the original hasn't done much in the way of unearthing talent in a long time.

It doesn't help that the completely unqualified guy who worked arm-in-arm with BOB on what may be the worst run of personnel moves in NFL history is not only still employed but was actually directly responsible for this hire.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:00 PM
All-Pro

If Watson is upset that Jack Easterby had say on the hire and will somehow continue to have power over Caserio then I totally get it.

But if it's anything to do with him not being consulted on a GM hire, then I am happy they didn't consult players in hiring a GM.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ss-sources-say

I do hope he's consulted on the Head Coach we hire.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:20 PM
Regular Starter

Latest tidbits...

DW4 changed his schedule to stay on vacation longer.

Joe Brady is the leader in the clubhouse but will not accept the job unless he sits with DW4 first.

The Tim Kelly thing wasn't an interview for HC. It was more of an introductory thing with Caserio.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:57 PM
Regular Starter

Regarding all the ESPN reports today about DW4. They may be coming from his agent but they aren't coming from Watson. He extended his vacation in Cabo for his girlfriend's bday and has not contacted anyone with the team.

My friend says everyone needs to chill until he gets back and speaks for himself.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Thanks for these updates. I don't like that it seems Deshaun is essentially holding the head coach hiring process hostage at this point. If I were Brady or anyone else at this point interested in the job, I wouldn't accept it either without at least getting in touch with Watson.

I respect Watson wanting to keep business from affecting his vacation though, but if you want to be involved in the process, then be involved when it's time.

On a separate note, the news that the Texans were going to offer Omar Khan the GM position until Easterby swooped in to convince Cal to fly in Caserio for the hire is just outrageous. Partly because I liked the idea of Khan taking the role, but also because of the continued demonstrated influence Easterby has over Cal and this organization. The longer this team goes without a head coach hiring settled, the worse this turmoil feels.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:24 AM
All-Pro

Cal is a cluster&uck. He seems to be in over his head. He likes to be in the background, and have others feed him advice. Doesn't seem to do his own groundwork.

Why pay the search firm if you are going to ignore them.

If they move on from DW4 then I'm done.

Last edited by painekiller; 01-11-2021 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Sounds like Caserio wants to interview Bienemy. Still some internal discussions about it...could see a request going out soon.
Request from Texans is out to interview Eric Bienemy. The public talk is that this is to placate Watson or at least directed by Watson. I'm not so certain given Caserio might have (probably?) wanted to interview him with or without Watson's endorsement.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Angry Dre is back!!! I love to see it.
Quote:
Andre Johnson
@johnson80
If I’m @deshaunwatson I will stand my ground. The Texans organization is known for wasting players careers. Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!
https://twitter.com/johnson80/status...84500840640518
Old 01-13-2021, 07:36 AM
Regular Starter

If you didn't notice, DW4 is back (he was at the Rox game last night with Dre).

Latest nuggets...
  • Dre's tweet fell on deaf ears.
  • Watson has not requested a trade and still prefers to play for HOU.
  • Caserio has hit the ground running and has actually slept at his office a couple of nights to try to catch up.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:17 AM
All-Pro

It's downright breathtaking how little experience some of these NFL HC candidates have these days like for example some guy named Brandon Staley
the Texans are gonna interview who's been like been a LB coach a couple years in the league and just a single year as the Rams DC.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:36 PM
Regular Starter

The league is about to step into the situation. Its gotten that big behind the scenes.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:25 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
The league is about to step into the situation. Its gotten that big behind the scenes.
I don't understand why the league would get involved. What's their concern? The Texans have always had some know nothing snake oil huckster with the ear of the owner. The organization usually awards that person the title "General Manager." So I don't see what the big deal is that the team chaplain is running the football org.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:38 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I don't understand why the league would get involved. What's their concern? The Texans have always had some know nothing snake oil huckster with the ear of the owner. The organization usually awards that person the title "General Manager." So I don't see what the big deal is that the team chaplain is running the football org.
As it has been explained to me by my friend, some of the issues being brought to light (by the SI articles, etc.) border on EEOC complaints.

Also, Cal's messaging (both externally and internally) did not work. Expect more players to start speaking out. They don't want JE in the bldg.

Many inside the org think it will eventually boil down to JE or DW4 very soon. If the league sees an uprising from the entire team against the ownership/management, they are going to step in (very quietly or not) for PR purposes alone. This is not a good look for the Texans OR the NFL.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:51 PM
Regular Starter

tweet from Lopez...

https://twitter.com/LopezOnSports/st...68072474669062

Quote:
Been out of pocket all day doing family stuff, but catching up on texts from sources:
Texans are leaning toward accommodating J.J. and he'll likely be moved. And Deshaun is, in fact, legit alienated.
"Pretty much irreparable," I'm told.
Also: "You'll hear from J.J. next."
Old 01-16-2021, 05:53 PM
Regular Starter

more tidbits...

"Easterby is the groveling ex-girlfriend playing victim and Cal can't see it"

JE is telling everyone he can in the building that he is going to file a defamation suit against SI.

Apparently there have been death threats against JE which has also raised the league's eyebrows.

My friend thinks that due to all of this, the Texans are going to hire a "Dusty Baker" to be a stop-gap. No one wants this job.