IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 11-18-2018, 03:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Fairbairn misses a 45 yard FG. Redskins have the ball a the Texan 35 with 52 seconds left.

Now in Texan territory. FG would win it for the Redskins.

16 seconds left, ball at the Texan 45.

McCoy tries the deep pass but inc, 8 seconds left.

Redskins attempting the 63 yard FG.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:04 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
We got screwed earlier on the reviewed fumble, but the refs just did us a solid on the defensive holding call to give us a first down.
That was a brutal call. The officiating has been pretty awful today. I remember thinking, fairly recently, too, that the NFL officials were as a group the best among major sports. I don't think I can say that anymore. I don't know who is best. Maybe you could go with baseball simply because so many of their frequent mistakes get corrected.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:08 PM
All-Pro

That 2 minutes of clock the free first down got us probably saved us from ourselves today.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Hall of Fame

FG comes up short.

Texans kneel it.

Final score:

Texans 23, Redskins 21

------------------------------------------

Nice win but Fairbairn made it way more exciting than it had to be...
Old 11-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Not sure what the Redskins were thinking those last two plays of the game. A deep, low percentage pass attempted on third down. Fell incomplete, but had it been caught with 7 seconds on the clock would take a lot to get the whole team down there and set for a spike to attempt a FG.

Then the decision to attempt a FG on fourth down from 63+ yards away with a somewhat injured kicker was a headscratcher. O'Brien's timeout called maybe gave Gruden time to convince himself from going for it and calling for the kicker instead.

Either way, this is now the fourth game this season where the opposing head coach made a highly questionable decision that could have cost the game (Ind, Dal, Den being the other three). Credit to O'Brien and the Texans at least for being in position to win these close games.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Not sure what the Redskins were thinking those last two plays of the game. A deep, low percentage pass attempted on third down. Fell incomplete, but had it been caught with 7 seconds on the clock would take a lot to get the whole team down there and set for a spike to attempt a FG.
Well, it was a deep ball but near the sideline so I think the thinking was that if the receiver catches the ball, he can step out of bounds stopping the clock. They could've been hoping for the defensive PI, also.... A PI called on the Texans (Wright?) would've gifted the Redskins the win - a chipshot FG.... It was unexpected, though (surprise?)....the alternative would be go for the short pass and get out of bounds for a better percentage FG.....

------------------------------------------------

I thought the new return guy, DeAndre Carter, did a good job.... seemed to maximize the returns, use good judgement on the fair catches and showed good hands... so far.... He seems to locate and get under the ball better than his predecessor....

------------------------------------------------

Watson was sacked 3 times with 4 QB hits. Granted the OL was banged up but I saw too many slow developing plays.... Why does everything have to be 15 yards down the field? Can we get some more quick hitters, dink & dunk plays? Besides Hopkins, everyone else is underutilized.....Everyone! I did like the check down to Jordan Thomas to set up the 4th qtr FG attempt... that guy is a load to tackle, eheh....

-----------------------------------------------

The Justin Reid pick 6 was about the prettiest defensive play by the Texans I've seen in a few years.... didn't catch the number of the fatboy D-lineman (linebacker?) that threw the excellent block to spring him....

-----------------------------------------------

Not complaining about 7 straight wins but great teams show an efficiency that we don't have, yet. I'm speaking mainly about the offense... They're really fortunate to be winning while being a work-in-progress....
Old 11-18-2018, 05:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Early line has the Texans as a 6 pt favorite over the Titans next Monday night....

Surprised they posted it as Mariota may be iffy for the game....
Old 11-18-2018, 06:16 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Early line has the Texans as a 6 pt favorite over the Titans next Monday night....

Surprised they posted it as Mariota may be iffy for the game....
That's a sign that Vegas considers Marriota about the same as Gabbert. They figure it's a good defense and bad QB no matter who plays.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:13 PM
All-Pro

I have no idea what will become of the Texans this year but it sure looks like the Super Bowl is going to be a good game.