IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2019, 01:34 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Handicapping football games is not easy. It's a tremendous time crunch. Walter publishes his musings along with stats to explain why he comes to his conclusions. It's all out there before the game starts for people to criticize or agree with. Like I said, I didn't agree with him on this game and I took the Texans. He was wrong, I was right and next week, it could be a flip-flopped. That's the way it goes.

I missed your prediction. Hindsight is 20/20 (or as Cam Newton says, "hindsight is 50:50"). The oddsmakers had it as the Texans being a slight favorite before the game so would any one of us be terribly surprised if the Texans choked the game away? First time in London, jet-lagged, the Jags used to it? As a fan, I was glad to see the Texans prove on the field that they were the better team....

I don't think Minshew is terrible. He had a bad day for sure. Not atypical for a rookie QB. I think he'll have a job in the NFL for a very long time...
The Jags offense has more talent then they’ve ever had and under Minshew they score 19 ppg. They have 1 win when the defense gives up 20. He has little to do with it when the team wins. They are built on running game and defense and can’t win when those things don’t show up. He scrambles well, has poor arm strength and poor accuracy.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:53 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
The Jags offense has more talent then they’ve ever had
Nope.

Quote:
and under Minshew they score 19 ppg.
19.6 ppg (24th)

Quote:
They have 1 win when the defense gives up 20.
True. So?

Quote:
He has little to do with it when the team wins.
Of course not. The QB position has little to do with a team winning.

Quote:
They are built on running game and defense and can’t win when those things don’t show up. He scrambles well, has poor arm strength and poor accuracy.
Minshew is currently 9th among QB's with 2,285 passing yards.

The Jags are currently tied for 5th with 35 passes of 20+ yards.

From wiki:

Quote:
On September 8, 2019, Minshew made his NFL debut against the Kansas City Chiefs when starter Nick Foles was taken out of the game due to a shoulder injury. He completed 22 of 25 passes for 275 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the 40–26 loss. Minshew's pass completion percentage of 88% is the highest of any player making his debut in NFL history (minimum 15 pass attempts, since at least 1950), and also the highest single-game pass completion percentage in Jaguars history.
Poor arm strength and accuracy? He had just 2 INT's until yesterday. That's not bad for a rookie. That Marrone even has to hesitate to replace him with Nick (superbowl) Foles might tell you what most people are thinking....

If you don't like him, just say so....
Old 11-04-2019, 09:33 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
The QB position has little to do with a team winning.
The only possible response to this is lol wut
Old 11-04-2019, 03:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
The only possible response to this is lol wut
We need a sarcasm emoji..... Perhaps rolleyes would've worked here
Old 11-04-2019, 04:20 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
We need a sarcasm emoji..... Perhaps rolleyes would've worked here
I got the sarcasm that was directed at me.

I don't think you're crazy or out of line. I just think you're as wrong as you think I am. No big deal.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I got the sarcasm that was directed at me.

I don't think you're crazy or out of line. I just think you're as wrong as you think I am. No big deal.
Well, I actually offered some data to back up my argument. You've mostly just furnished opinion.

It's weird, I can recall off the top of my head, you criticizing opposing QB's in the past. It is as though if it's not Watson you're talking about, the opposing QB is incompetent suckage. (<-- emoji for Chuck).

But, you're right. I'm done trying to change your mind.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:00 PM
All-Pro

FWIW, I'm just happy to have One-eye Watson as our QB. How many plays per week does he make running around like a barnyard chicken before he connects with a receiver and it doesn't seem to matter if he's falling down or kicked in the face (no call) or surrounded by tacklers, he's still extending the play?

I guarantee you any of the Brits who sat through all four games in London this year probably marveled more at Watson's mad dashes than anyone else they watched all year.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:48 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, I actually offered some data to back up my argument. You've mostly just furnished opinion.

It's weird, I can recall off the top of my head, you criticizing opposing QB's in the past. It is as though if it's not Watson you're talking about, the opposing QB is incompetent suckage. (<-- emoji for Chuck).

But, you're right. I'm done trying to change your mind.
I honestly didn't realize you were trying to change my mind at any point. Was that legitimately what was happening? You were trying to convince me Gardner Minshew is good? That's a strange hill to die on.