IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 PM
All-Pro

Yea, we ended up with the 4th in the 4th round and the 13th in the 5th round for tomorrow. 2 4th round picks tomorrow - hey that's worth showing on Saturday for, I like it.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:13 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
There went Ghee to the Bengals.
That's a good value pick. Ghee to go with Leon Hall and Joseph. That Secondary just got better.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 PM
All-Pro

I have to hand it to Rick Smith he has done a wonderful job today moving around the board.

I retrack my statement from last night. Eric Winston's mock had the Packers taking Jackson at 23, and he said their was a lot of buzz about that pick. So that means their is no way they could trade out of #20 and still get the guy that is ready to play in the NFL today.

Then Rick goes out in the 2nd and trades down and get the RB this team needs. He was not my top choice in the 2nd, but he was a perfect fit for us. Good size and speed combo, and he has a tough guy style. The OL will like this kid.

Mitchell was not on my list due to size, but he is a lower pick from the same mold that Houston is from. High motor 3 technique that gets in the back field. Nice pick and he is from here.

So far a very nice draft.
All-Pro

Don't forget the 4th is historically our magic round.

Domanick Davis
Owen Daniels
Jacoby Jones
Fred Bennett

We find some players in that round so having two picks means we have two chances to find a stud.

Sounds like this starts at 9 a.m. tomorrow.
All-Pro

at this time looks like remaining picks are
4th rnd
pick 4 or 102 overall
pick 20 or 118 overall

5th round
pick 13 or 144 overall

6th round
pick 18 or 187 overall
pick 28 or 197 overall

7th round
20th pick or 227 overall

so, six more picks to speculate what we will do with. doing very good so far.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I have to hand it to Rick Smith he has done a wonderful job today moving around the board.

Then Rick goes out in the 2nd and trades down and get the RB this team needs. He was not my top choice in the 2nd, but he was a perfect fit for us. Good size and speed combo, and he has a tough guy style. The OL will like this kid.

Mitchell was not on my list due to size, but he is a lower pick from the same mold that Houston is from. High motor 3 technique that gets in the back field. Nice pick and he is from here.

So far a very nice draft.
Every pick has been one of "My Guys" so I'm thrilled. Mitchell was a guy I saw as a late round steal that other sites had undervalued. The same goes for Corey Peters. I would have preferred Geno Atkins, but at least we are addressing a pass-rushing 3-Tech that may push Okoye. While I had Spiller, Best, and Gerhart rated higher on my Draft Board, Ben Tate was my FAVORITE RB choice so, I'm thrilled about that choice. Glad we have been able to make some deals to get some extra picks.

Tomorrow, I'm expecting to be able to get some DBs to augment the Secondary (AOA, Stuckey, Verner, Johnson). Perhaps a LB to push Diles at the WILL. Lauvao went earlier than I expected, so if we get OL help I'd start with Marshall Newhouse. I'm not sure if we get another DL but I'd be accepting of Geno or Cam Thomas. Will we get another RB to complement Tate? Dwyer, Dixon, Starks, Miller, Bell, Karim.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Veteran Depth

Roy, I expect you to have a brand new 'my guys' by tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:32 AM
Hall of Fame

If they use all their remaining picks, training camp is just going to be a mass of talent this year - 9 from the draft.... The training camp fodder seems to get less and less each year..... Probably a lot of tough cuts on the horizon...
Old 04-24-2010, 02:53 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
If they use all their remaining picks, training camp is just going to be a mass of talent this year - 9 from the draft.... The training camp fodder seems to get less and less each year..... Probably a lot of tough cuts on the horizon...
Or they could still trade back up with some of the picks.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Don't forget the 4th is historically our magic round.

Domanick Davis
Owen Daniels
Jacoby Jones
Fred Bennett

We find some players in that round so having two picks means we have two chances to find a stud.

Sounds like this starts at 9 a.m. tomorrow.
Glover Quinn too.