IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Hall of Fame

Default The upcoming Green Bay game (12-7)

The Packers are currently a 6 pt favorite over the Texans @ Green Bay. The Texans vs. Jags on Monday night was a meeting of two 4-7 teams. Texans vs. Green Bay will be a meeting of two 5-7 teams. It will be cold (20º's) and Green Bay has a potent offense so our "new" defense will be tested....
Old 12-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Pro Bowler

Same old defense. Kubiak just finally decided to allow them to be more aggressive. We need more help for Mario on the Dline though, and the Lbs and secondary need to be more sure in their tackling.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Regular Starter

We're gonna get blown out on this one.

Sorry.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:09 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradodude View Post
We're gonna get blown out on this one.

Sorry.
I am much more positive than this. I think we will win outright now that we seem to be learning to not turn over the ball by QB and overall win the turnover battle. We too have a potent offense. And O-line and D-line finally maturing, hope this continues. If snowing, perhaps the better running game will have an advantage on offense and better run defense on defense.

I'd like to see some of Molden and Okam.

Predicting a 31-24 Texans win.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Pro Bowler

I wish they'd start giving JJ more reps at WR. He must really suck in practice or something. I'd rather see him screw up few times on the field with the potential for a big play than see David Anderson make 5-yard catches. He should at least be getting Anderson or Davis's reps. It's apparent they don't view Davis as a starter or anything more than KR/4th WR.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:27 AM
All-Pro

I gotta go along with ColoradoDude on his call about Sundays game in GB.
We're coming off of a very emotional win for the Texans first ever MNF game, its a short week, and its a road game. In the "frozen tundra" no less where the temp range is predicted to be 12-20 for Sunday and its 70 according to my temp guage here in Clear Lake this morning.
If Kubiak can get the team up enough to play a competitive game this weekend, I'd consider that a bit of a moral victory just this one time even if we end up on the short end of the score.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
In the "frozen tundra" no less where the temp range is predicted to be 12-20 for Sunday and its 70 according to my temp guage here in Clear Lake this morning.
While this would appear to favor Green Bay, my recollection is that the Texans have generally played pretty well in cold weather games. Cleveland was fairly cold 2 weeks ago and the Texans beat the Bears on a brutally cold day in Soldier Field a couple years ago. While everyone makes the assumption that warm weather teams have a hard time playing cold weather games, I don't recall ever seeing the Texans play a cold weather game and it looking like it was bothering them.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe View Post
I'd like to see some of Molden and Okam.

Predicting a 31-24 Texans win.
Molden - yes

Okam has played and shown exactly nothing. Not sure why we would want to see more of him. Dejuan and Zgononia are clearly better than him.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Regular Starter

What comes to mind is the play of the two QB's. Both Rodgers and Schaub have had their moments of awe and yuck.

Rodgers at home vs our secondary or Schaub vs their secondary? Edge definitely goes to Rodgers.

I really hope I'm wrong but the only way I'm wrong is if we get pressure on the Rodgers. And we've really only done that three times this year.