IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Bullhorn
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Comcrap is dropping NFLN on May 1...

...and I'm dropping Comcrap before May 1.

I guess it's pretty sad someone would switch providers just because of losing one channel, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Nice job, Comcrap.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the NFL's fault with their greed and monopoly. Big F'ing deal!!! Comcrap's the one who's deciding to lay out their cash - my cash -feeding me a bunch of crap channels I could care less about and will never watch. And thier the one who's taking away the one channel that probably gives me the most enjoyment and the one I'm willing to pay for. That's enough for this customer to take his money elsewhere.

Shoot, maybe I'll even drop their Internet service just for spite.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Veteran Depth

I didn't even know they were doing that. I got rid of them a couple weeks ago, went with dish network. it's fantastic. The remote is better, the dvr kicks serious ass, both in ease of use and increased hard drive space, there's ridiculously more hd channels, they have the NFLN, and i'm paying 30 bucks less per month. Just FYI, when you drop the cable, they're gonna try to charge you like 60 bucks a month to keep your internet, but if you threaten to cancel that too, they'll give it to you for 39 for 12 months, when presumeably you'll do the same thing again. The only knock i've got on dish network is it literally took the guy all day to install it.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:06 AM
All-Pro

We're totally happy with AT&Ts U-Verse and recommend it if you're looking to switch from your current provider. We made the switch from Comcast back in '07 and never looked back. And we get the NFLNetwork.
Probably my only regret is that I don't have the opportunity to purchase the "NFL Ticket" package on U-Verse. Of course I get to watch all of the Texans games (my top priority), but like it or not the second Sunday game is practically always the Cowboys here in Houston. Now I don't really dislike them, I'm just not in interested in watching them every weekend and would much prefer another choice for my second Sunday game.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular Starter

I have dish network and am mostly pleased with it. My only have 2 real complaints. The first is the obvious complaint about service going out during a storm. While it doesn't happen a lot, it does happen. Second, if one of your boxes go out, there isn't a store to trade it in. You have to call dish and they UPS you a new box. However, this will take 3-4 days. I had dish about 1 week when the box they sent me crapped out. Needless to say, I wasn't happy to have just switched over and the box went out after 1 week and then they told me I'd be without TV for 3-4 days while they mailed me a new box. However, I haven't had any problems since then.

I've heard great things about ATT's U-verse. It's not available in my area or I would seriously consider switching to it.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Veteran Depth

we tried to get U-verse, as I know a few people that have it, and they freaking love it. It's just not available in my neighborhood. However, it is available not half a mile down the road. Thank you AT&T sales guy for bringing that lovely nugget of information to my attention. infuriating. Like I said, I hear U-verse is fantastic. That said, i'm quite happy with dish network. The storm outages haven't been a problem as of yet, and I do a pretty good job of keeping the DVR stocked with rainy day filler, but if a storm knocks out the final four, i will be quite the sad panda.