IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I haven't cried after a sporting event since John Paxson sunk the Suns in the 1993 NBA Finals.

I bawled for about 10 minutes after the touchdown, then I punched a hole in my wall and knocked my small desk fan across the room.

I've ****************ing had it. This is cursed ass bullshit that falls on me.
Dude, have a beer or something.....
Old 11-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Hey, hey....... timeout.....

Tough loss for sure. The way I look at it (and as a lifetime Houston fan, I'm quite used to it by now), aren't these problems with the team *their* problems? As far as I know, none of us choked away the game. I love 'em to death but fans don't control anything - they are the ones making the mistakes..... If you want to get angry, fine, just realize it accomplishes nothing.....

I had a bad feeling when I saw Pollard smiling in the huddle right before the Jets last drive... (Don't be smilin', yet, Bernard)...

Poor GQ, burnt twice in 2 weeks... That long pass to the 6 yard line was the killer, though... welcome to the Texans, Jason Allen...
Old 11-21-2010, 04:40 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
I haven't cried after a sporting event since John Paxson sunk the Suns in the 1993 NBA Finals.

I bawled for about 10 minutes after the touchdown, then I punched a hole in my wall and knocked my small desk fan across the room.

I've ****************ing had it. This is cursed ass bullshit that falls on me.
I'm real gullible, but even I suspect you're putting us on, right man ?
Because if you're not, I'm impressed. I mean I really take this team seriously and I took this loss real tough (tough for a fan, but the players must feel terrible beyond my imagination).
Honest, you didn't do all of that did you TheMatrix31 ?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Regular Starter

I don't fret about these losses anymore, until something changes with the defensive schemes we run or our coaching staff, it's hard to get excited when we can't stop anyone.

To continue to run and operate the same defense that has yielded us the worst ranking in NFL HISTORY and somehow expect a different result is like burying your head in the sand, it's CRAZY to expect anything different......
Old 11-21-2010, 05:40 PM
All-Pro

Seriously, how could anyone get that upset about a loss in a season that was lost at least 3 weeks ago. This team is done.

I was down about the way they lost, but it's neither suprising or even particularly bad for the team.

A win today may have helped convince McNair that he should stick with kubiak.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I'm real gullible, but even I suspect you're putting us on, right man ?
Because if you're not, I'm impressed. I mean I really take this team seriously and I took this loss real tough (tough for a fan, but the players must feel terrible beyond my imagination).
Honest, you didn't do all of that did you TheMatrix31 ?

Swear on my life.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...9_313266_n.jpg

Mobile uploaded image of my fist smash.

Honestly, I'm sick of it. Life isn't too good right now anyway (its not that great for a lot of people) and just the frustration of losing the way we lose week after week, year after year, coupled with all the other heartbreak and torture I endure with all the other sports/teams I follow......it takes its' toll on the psyche and I broke down. Not proud of it but hey.

I know it's not healthy. Trust me I know. But it just starts making me question just what the hell it is, like I'm cursed or something you know?

I know the players don't feel bad about it. If they felt bad about it, they wouldn't let this crap happen week after week, year after year. The fans always care more about the game than the players do. The players get a check for their "effort", the fan just gets twisted, wretched emotion and are left with nothing else.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:33 PM
All-Pro

Sorry guys, it was me. I switched over to the Cowboys when we were behind 20-7 because I was taking a crash course on Excel 2007 and found that, even muted, I kept stealing glances at the game.

So I notice in the corner of the screen that the Texans were coming back (still don't know how they did it) and turned back to the Texans just as they took the 27-23 lead. I'm a jinx. My bad.

I've had a few meltdowns in my time. I threw a shoe that broke a lamp back when Earl Campbell fumbled and the Raiders ran it back 99 yards. I screamed myself hoarse as the Oilers blew a 35-3 lead to Buffalo, saying "this isn't happening. It can't be happening". I had a screaming, door-slamming fit when the f-ing Braves came back to win Game 4 of the 2004 LCS, knowing we'd have to go back to Atlanta for a game we'd surely lose.

Pretty much all Houston fans know the feeling.

But this game didn't really get to me, and neither did last week's loss because it's what I expect from our pass defense. They suck. Props to Smith for ignoring our secondary for so long that we have no talent back there. AFAIC, it's personnel that's the problem. Dumb penalties and dumb mistakes.

So, no, this wasn't worth punching a hole over. But it sucks that we almost had a great comeback win to celebrate but we just couldn't stop a team from going 80+ yards in :48 seconds with no timeouts when a field goal would not have helped them. To top it off, the Jets did it with ten seconds to spare.

They're living a charmed life this year.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:25 PM
All-Pro

I don't see how studying Excel can make us loose, but no more Excel on Sundays for you HPF Bob.

It was unbelievable and even more disappointing this week to loose again when we were ahead with a minute to go, two weeks in a row of that amazingly bad, heartbreaking finish.

I just need to let it go I think is best. It was bad though.

I think I'll keep watching for entertainment purposes only. Murphy is on this team this year for sure.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:19 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Sorry guys, it was me. I switched over to the Cowboys when we were behind 20-7 because I was taking a crash course on Excel 2007 and found that, even muted, I kept stealing glances at the game.

So I notice in the corner of the screen that the Texans were coming back (still don't know how they did it) and turned back to the Texans just as they took the 27-23 lead. I'm a jinx. My bad.

I've had a few meltdowns in my time. I threw a shoe that broke a lamp back when Earl Campbell fumbled and the Raiders ran it back 99 yards. I screamed myself hoarse as the Oilers blew a 35-3 lead to Buffalo, saying "this isn't happening. It can't be happening". I had a screaming, door-slamming fit when the f-ing Braves came back to win Game 4 of the 2004 LCS, knowing we'd have to go back to Atlanta for a game we'd surely lose.

Pretty much all Houston fans know the feeling.

But this game didn't really get to me, and neither did last week's loss because it's what I expect from our pass defense. They suck. Props to Smith for ignoring our secondary for so long that we have no talent back there. AFAIC, it's personnel that's the problem. Dumb penalties and dumb mistakes.

So, no, this wasn't worth punching a hole over. But it sucks that we almost had a great comeback win to celebrate but we just couldn't stop a team from going 80+ yards in :48 seconds with no timeouts when a field goal would not have helped them. To top it off, the Jets did it with ten seconds to spare.

They're living a charmed life this year.
Watching the Patriots every week along with the Texans, let me just say I don't think we could get McCourty from them for KJackson and a 1st round pick. And yet we picked KJ when given that exact choice a few months ago.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
I had a screaming, door-slamming fit when the f-ing Braves came back to win Game 4 of the 2004 LCS, knowing we'd have to go back to Atlanta for a game we'd surely lose.

Heh, and I felt like jumping off a bridge after that game.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:25 AM
Regular Starter

Ahhh, Christian football at it's finest. In Christian football you always consider others superior to you. You play football with the primary quality of love. You allow the other team to win so they don't get their feelings hurt. It's also known as "Texans football".

Anyway, I wrote the Texans organization last week requesting Schottenheimer to replace Koobs. Hopefully, they will consider it in a few weeks.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:54 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Swear on my life.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...9_313266_n.jpg

Mobile uploaded image of my fist smash.

Honestly, I'm sick of it. Life isn't too good right now anyway (its not that great for a lot of people) and just the frustration of losing the way we lose week after week, year after year, coupled with all the other heartbreak and torture I endure with all the other sports/teams I follow......it takes its' toll on the psyche and I broke down. Not proud of it but hey.

I know it's not healthy. Trust me I know. But it just starts making me question just what the hell it is, like I'm cursed or something you know?

I know the players don't feel bad about it. If they felt bad about it, they wouldn't let this crap happen week after week, year after year. The fans always care more about the game than the players do. The players get a check for their "effort", the fan just gets twisted, wretched emotion and are left with nothing else.
OK I believe you. Anyway, I thought I took the loss hard, but obviously not like you. But honestly I appreciate your feelings, your devotion to the team as I know for sure how frustrating it is. I know that's not much comfort to you right now. And whatever else is not going so well for you right now in life (employment status maybe), hang in there man.
I use to say I would rather the team lose a game like they did against the Colts on MNF or the Giants game in Reliant, in other words get blown out, than the way they lost yesterday in NY. Now I know I don't feel that way, because there's no doubt the effort was there yesterday where it's absent in the other situation, even though a loss like yesterday is far more heartbreakeing.
This is very, very small consolation this morning and I mean this in no way as a claim of some kind of a morale victory which is of no value to us and our team at this point in its existance, but some guys made some plays yesterday. We had some strong individual performances, just as we had some
disastouras breakdowns including one or 2 that cost us a football game.
But honestly I'm still not sure that the problem with our defense has been Richard Smith & Frank Bush or the personnel decisions the Texans have made about who to draft (and to a lesser extent to acquire thru FA) and put on the field ?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Pro Bowler

Did anyone else notice some of the Texans players dancing around and yucking it up on the sidelines after the Texans last FG? Amazing some of these guys would be so cocky that they'd think they had the game won when their indescribably inept Defense was about to hit the field.

After last weeks game Kubiak said changes on the D were going to be made this week. His changes were adding in Sharpton/Allen and moving Bush out of the booth and down to the field. One minor oversight, Gary... Eugene Wilson. After the game Kubiak said the secondary "played a great game until the last drive". Guess he missed the first 3 quarters where Sanchez and Holmes amassed most of their yardage. If it wasn't for an idiotic fumble by Green, the Texans probably whimper off into the sunset. Anyway, correction, Gary... Your DL played a great game, but the secondary still sucked!

Oh, and Matrix, step away from any sharp objects. Dude, relax... It's just a game and no reflection on us Houstonians or you yourself. Kubiak is a dweeb and this team going to play like this until he's gone. Expect it and you won't be upset by it.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Regular Starter

I've about had it with this team. I've had season tickets since the beginning (hell, I'm paying for one ticket that I don't even use most of the time just so my son will have a seat when he gets older). If Kubiak is retained after this season, I've pretty much decided I'll not renew my tickets. I can't continue to invest this much time and money in a team that perpetually screws up and won't do anything about it.

Between the botched drive at the end of the half, the CB playing outside leverage on Braylon Edwards with no help over the middle for the easiest slant route TD I've ever seen (really, has anyone ever seen someone be so wide open on a slant route from inside 5 yards?), and the CB then playing inside leverage at the end of the game to give up the sideline bomb, this is the most inept coaching staff I think I have ever watched. And you can make a list like this virtually every week.

As a final aside, I have it on good authority from someone who "helped" Kubiak with his studies in college that the guy is about as bright as a box of rocks. He had a very difficult time with some fairly basic concepts. While that is a long time ago, basic intelligence generally doesn't change and this guy apparently just isn't very intelligent. Not that this is a shock to anyone around here. Tell me again why QBs have to take the wonderlic but coaches don't?

Last edited by Joshua; 11-22-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:36 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
Did anyone else notice some of the Texans players dancing around and yucking it up on the sidelines after the Texans last FG? Amazing some of these guys would be so cocky that they'd think they had the game won when their indescribably inept Defense was about to hit the field.

After last weeks game Kubiak said changes on the D were going to be made this week. His changes were adding in Sharpton/Allen and moving Bush out of the booth and down to the field. One minor oversight, Gary... Eugene Wilson. After the game Kubiak said the secondary "played a great game until the last drive". Guess he missed the first 3 quarters where Sanchez and Holmes amassed most of their yardage. If it wasn't for an idiotic fumble by Green, the Texans probably whimper off into the sunset. Anyway, correction, Gary... Your DL played a great game, but the secondary still sucked!
I just can't be critical of the Texans on the sidelines for celebratiing, no matter how premature or ill advised their actions turned out to be. The sense of relief and excitment at an "apparent" victory after all they'd been thru the last 8 days just took over. OK I'm a dumb-ass fan but I felt the same way. I really thought we would win, afterall the defense just made a play with the PIK followed by the FG. I'm a fool, I lost my head like the young guys on the sidelines.
Re Kubiaks comments, yea I wish he'd just say something like it was a challenging afternoon for the D-backs and leave it at that instead of that crap about how they "played a great game", etc. It just tends to further undermine his cred, which is already at a low.
And where's that effort, that performance been from the DLine ? What a game they did indeed play. And will Mario show up again this year ? He played great in the season opener, showed up yesterday, but does that guy return again this season ? If he just had some consistancy ?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Pro Bowler

I'm thinking now, that McNair really likes Kubiak. So saying, he will have to replace the whole defensive side of the ball in the offseason. Maybe go to a 3-4D? If McNair gets a consultant like he did the last time, I hope he is knowledgable enough about defense that he can reccommend some good young defensive phenoms.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Regular Starter

Wow. What a terrible three weeks. I was all fired up for Indy but was not expecting a win. The past three weeks have been painful. All games that we should have won. Honestly, I am numb from the way this team can lose a game. Seriously, who was really shocked at the way the final Jet drive played out? If I it was not so preposterous how they get beat, I think I would have an bleeding ulcer and a bunch of clogged arteries.

Sunday AM, what will I be doing? Drinking from the Battle Red Drinking Fountain, ever the eternal optomist. I will be taking my usual seat for every home game, yellling during player introductions, yelling at stupid Titan fan who worship VY's jock. Yes, I am a Texans fan..I will get up, dust myself off and try my best to be the Home Field Advantage.. I must be a glutton for punishment.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Sunday AM, what will I be doing? Drinking from the Battle Red Drinking Fountain, ever the eternal optomist. I will be taking my usual seat for every home game, yellling during player introductions, yelling at stupid Titan fan who worship VY's jock. Yes, I am a Texans fan..I will get up, dust myself off and try my best to be the Home Field Advantage.. I must be a glutton for punishment.
WOW, I don't know if this is a flashback or not.....but didn't we have eerily similiar posts last year......
Old 11-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Wow. What a terrible three weeks. I was all fired up for Indy but was not expecting a win. The past three weeks have been painful. All games that we should have won. Honestly, I am numb from the way this team can lose a game. Seriously, who was really shocked at the way the final Jet drive played out? If I it was not so preposterous how they get beat, I think I would have an bleeding ulcer and a bunch of clogged arteries.

Good for you, Mike. I'm the same way except I will be in front of my computer watching in HD. I think we take the Titans this week.... Rusty Smith at QB? A chance for the Texan secondary to have a really good game though you know that's not a given....

--------------

more random optimistic stuff:

Bentley had a helluva game - led the team with 8 tackles, 2 TFL's, 1 pass defensed, 1 QB hit, 1 fumble recovery, 1 INT

Foster still leading the NFL in rushing yards with 1004.

Mario was awesome especially in the 4th quarter, pressure on just about every passing play. Finished with 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 TFL's, 2 QB hits.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
WOW, I don't know if this is a flashback or not.....but didn't we have eerily similiar posts last year......
Yes, regretably we did.... Thanks for ruining my day.