IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2019, 01:02 PM
All-Pro

Default Pre-Combine Fanspeak Mock (no trades)

Fanspeak now has a composite draft board as an option so I took the bite to create a Texans draft (pre-combine, pre-free agency). A lot will change so this will not be a "final" mock.

Intentionally, I did not look to make any trades.

23: R1P23
OT GREG LITTLE
MISSISSIPPI

To be honest, ILB Devin White (LSU) fell down to us and if I thought there were any chance that could really happen, I might take him but he'll go in the Top15. He's got Ray Lewis-like skills but he's playing a dying position.

I defaulted to the best offensive tackle on the board which was Greg Little of Ole Miss. I'm sorta hoping for Andre Dillard but in most mocks he is taken a few spots before our choice.

54: R2P22
G MICHAEL DEITER
WISCONSIN

Deiter was part of a loaded Wisconsin offensive line who is said to have talent for both guard and right tackle. He can be mixed and matched along the line.

55: R2P23
S NASIR ADDERLEY
DELAWARE

Regarded as one of the top three safeties in the draft, I chose him over the CBs available. Unfortunately, I couldn't fit a CB in later. I'm not convinced we are letting any of our current CBs go however.

86: R3P22
QB TYREE JACKSON
BUFFALO

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I think he's perfect to groom as a backup for Watson. He can either become a trade piece a few years later or the replacement if Watson gets too beat up. Jackson looks bigger and stronger than Watson but plays similarly.

162: R5P23
WR HUNTER RENFROW
CLEMSON

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I think Renfrow's familiarity with Watson and his clutch hands will make him a great go-to on third and fourth downs when Hopkins is covered.

197: R6P22
DL JONATHAN LEDBETTER
GEORGIA

Some beef for the d-line. Value pick. I was hoping RB Bryce Love of Stanford would fall this far as a sign-and-stash player but he was taken earlier in the round. Love had first-round talent before tearing an ACL in his final game. If he heals like McGahee, Gore and Adrian Peterson, he could be a great feature back. Or he could be damaged goods until he retires.

222: R7P6
LB GARY JOHNSON
TEXAS

Watched him play at Texas and he is a big-play inside LB who should excel on special teams and blitzing at the next level. He's a bit small for the middle which is why he falls in the draft.

Your thoughts are welcome.