IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 09-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texas View Post
Watson looks so much better when he is not locked on DHop the whole time...just drop back and throw...

On another note, we need to take some shots to Fuller instead of deep shots to a double covered DHop
Good call!
Old 09-16-2018, 02:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Succop hits a 42-yard FG to tie the game up.

Texans 17, Titans 17

9:43 left in the game.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Succop hits a 31-yard FG with 1 minute left in the game.

Titans 20, Texans 17
Old 09-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Pro Bowler

Wow...they say the teams QB takes on the personality of the head coach. That last play looked like classic Bill O'brien...
Old 09-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Final score:

Titans 20, Texans 17

Texans lose to Blaine Gabbert for the first time. SMH.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:04 PM
All-Pro

My favorite back to back plays were certainly those two quick outs for a total of one yard.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
My favorite back to back plays were certainly those two quick outs for a total of one yard.
Eheh. I don't get the thinking there. "Well, that didn't work. Let's try it on the other side". WTF?

-----------------------------------------------------

Texans outgained them 437 to 283.

Texans had 21 1st downs. Titans had 15.

Took the Texans a full half to adjust to the blitz.

The fake punt/TD completely changed the complexion of the game....
Old 09-16-2018, 08:12 PM
All-Pro

Watson is so raw still. And with an offseason teams obviously have a much better idea how to defend him. He's going to have to learn to give up on plays. Not every play is a winner at this level.

Overall a God awful loss. When you play a team with zero offense you should go into the game expecting them to try to win with something other than offense (like a gimmick fake punt). Instead we looked like we had never considered the possibility. The coaching has been embarrassing so far.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Texans are a ridiculous 6 to 7 pt favorites over the NY Giants this Sunday. Texans are 0-2 ATS so far this year and are too dysfunctional for me to pick them - until further notice. Fact is, probably the only way they cover is if I take the Giants - which I probably will.

I've played in a pickem contest every year for the last 4-5 years. The rules are, each week you pick 5 games between NFL and NCAA. One of the picks is a "best bet" and carries double the value. Guess who my best bet has been the last two weeks?.....eheh. I went 0-5 this weekend, first time ever in 4-5 years of playing. Texans, Pats, Giants - all failed. 49'ers had a comfortable lead and got back-doored. For the record, I've had several 5-0 weekends.

None of this is earth-shaking or on topic - just thought I'd share....
Old 09-17-2018, 02:53 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Texans are a ridiculous 6 to 7 pt favorites over the NY Giants this Sunday. Texans are 0-2 ATS so far this year and are too dysfunctional for me to pick them - until further notice. Fact is, probably the only way they cover is if I take the Giants - which I probably will.

I've played in a pickem contest every year for the last 4-5 years. The rules are, each week you pick 5 games between NFL and NCAA. One of the picks is a "best bet" and carries double the value. Guess who my best bet has been the last two weeks?.....eheh. I went 0-5 this weekend, first time ever in 4-5 years of playing. Texans, Pats, Giants - all failed. 49'ers had a comfortable lead and got back-doored. For the record, I've had several 5-0 weekends.

None of this is earth-shaking or on topic - just thought I'd share....
Obviously you know this, but the spreads aren't predictions, but rather attempts to influence how people bet. Nobody in the world likes the Titans. People in Tennessee don't even care about the Titans. They are a distant 2nd to the Volunteers for in state football. Deshaun Watson on the other hand is exciting and inspires bets. So we can look forward to betting lines being skewed our way until we prove completely incompetent.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Obviously you know this, but the spreads aren't predictions, but rather attempts to influence how people bet. Nobody in the world likes the Titans. People in Tennessee don't even care about the Titans. They are a distant 2nd to the Volunteers for in state football. Deshaun Watson on the other hand is exciting and inspires bets. So we can look forward to betting lines being skewed our way until we prove completely incompetent.
Oh yeah, I'm aware of that.

The deal is, the Texans on paper really have a pretty good squad with stars and near stars. They should be more competent than they have shown. It's been a revelation that they are such an underachieving, dysfunctional mass of incompetence. Kind of painful to watch.

The Astros are receiving the effect you speak of. The linesmakers make them the favorite just about every day. When Verlander pitches, count on a -200. When Verlander pitches against a rookie or any celler-dweller, it can go up to -300....