IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2018, 07:30 PM
All-Pro

Ditto. Hated like hell to root for the f---ing Steelers but watching the Patriots lose sweetens it greatly. If we don't choke, we'll be the #2 seed and get the first round bye and host the conference semi-final game after the week's bye.

Should KC and the Chargers tie in the West, KC has the tiebreaker and only one of them makes the top four seeds. Should KC survive the tiebreaks, they apparently own the tiebreaker with Houston based on better conference record. But if the Chargers take the West and the Texans tie them for the overall record, the Texans would get the #1 seed.

New England has the tiebreaker with Houston based on head-to-head results.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:33 PM
All-Pro

I had zero problems rooting for the Steelers versus NE.

ZERO.

I believe I would root for the Cowboys over the Patriots.

I guess I should also mention that while I have not forgotten 1979, I have somehow found a way to move on from it.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
If we don't choke,
Is losing a December road game in Philadelphia considered choking? Especially after seeing them put 30 on the Rams in a road win?

Going to be an intriguing test as the Eagles have had an uneven season but still are fighting for the playoffs. The last three weeks have shown that the Texans can be slowed in the running game, and blitzing this pass offense will work. Not sure if there just aren't great hot routes in the plays or if Watson ignores them.

But how Texan-y would it be to beat the Eagles only to lose the bye by laying an egg in the regular season finale at home against the Jaguars?
Old 12-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Hall of Fame

OK, the super-early-can't-be-trusted-line I'm seeing on Texans vs Eagles is the Texans by 3½. Will probably start seeing more trusted lines by tomorrow ....

This is the time of year when teams that need to win inexplicably lose and the doormats who can improve draft position inexplicably win....
Old 12-17-2018, 11:55 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
I'm seeing on Texans vs Eagles is the Texans by 3½. Will probably start seeing more trusted lines by tomorrow ....
The official line at present is "pickem". Sounds about right - more right than Texans by 3½....

If I was forced to bet money, I'd pick the Eagles in this spot. Meaningful road game in December + Texans = usually not a happy result. However, if the Texans win, they would show that they are different than Texan teams of Christmas past....