IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 09-23-2018, 01:23 PM
All-Pro

I might hit a number of buffets for a month and take Davenport's job.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Texans somehow sneak in a FG right before the half. Fairbairn hits a 28-yarder.

Giants 20, Texans 6

Halftime.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Pro Bowler

Rollouts are not gimmicks...

Its a way to make your QB a weapon with both his arm and his legs...while MOVING the pocket...

No one said he wont ever be able to only that he does not have the experience to make ALL the reads and go through his progressions. I believe he will one day be great...however standing in the constantly collapsing pocket staring down DHop has not proven successful yet.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:29 PM
Pro Bowler

And BTW even Matt Schaub used to complete deep passes with 30 seconds left in the half down 2 scores while the defense is playing over the top...
Old 09-23-2018, 01:30 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texas View Post
Rollouts are not gimmicks...

Its a way to make your QB a weapon with both his arm and his legs...while MOVING the pocket...

No one said he wont ever be able to only that he does not have the experience to make ALL the reads and go through his progressions. I believe he will one day be great...however standing in the constantly collapsing pocket staring down DHop has not proven successful yet.
They've moved the pocket constantly and called play action repeatedly. They're doing it as often as you reasonably can. Also calling a few passes from the pocket is not in our top 100 problems right now.

And the biggest reason the pocket is collapsing is he holds the ball. He is the most pressured QB because he takes almost twice as long to get the ball out. Today he has added to that by throwing ground balls on half the throws that do come out on time. He is playing awful. He was great last year. I expect him to be great again. But HE is the problem with our offense right now. It's not the WRs or the OL or the coach or the play calls. It's the QB who still doesn't have 10 career games and looks lost since coming back from his knee injury.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Eli is 12/14, 175 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 142.6 rating.

Watson is 8/15, 136 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 84.3 rating.

----------------------------------------------------

Barkley is 10/69, 6.9 avg, 1 TD

L Miller is 8/8, 1.0 avg

----------------------------------------------------

Giants 14 first downs.

Texans 8 first downs.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:46 PM
Pro Bowler

Well you are entitled to your opininon but we will have to agree to disagree...I believe this is mostly on Obrien...then a terrible Oline...and then receivers who gain no separation...then Watsons inexperience...

I was team Obrien all last year but with the talent and lack of production...it has to be on Obrien...he cant seem to put the pieces together...
Old 09-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Hall of Fame

Fairbairn connects on a 54-yard FG.

Giants 20, Texans 9

8:41 left in the 3rd qtr.

Just 4 more FG's to go!
Old 09-23-2018, 01:51 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texas View Post
Well you are entitled to your opininon but we will have to agree to disagree...I believe this is mostly on Obrien...then a terrible Oline...and then receivers who gain no separation...then Watsons inexperience...

I was team Obrien all last year but with the talent and lack of production...it has to be on Obrien...he cant seem to put thw pieces together...
O'Brien could be fired tomorrow and it'd be well earned. He came into the year with the team totally unprepared.

But how you can watch Watson play football and not think he's a huge source of the problem right now is denial of the highest order. The ground balls he's throwing to WRs with no pressure has nothing to do with coaching. He's clearly not right yet. Whether it's mental or physical or the fact he blew out his knee 11 months ago, who knows. But he's bad right now.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:52 PM
All-Pro

54 yard FG splits the posts and a KO tackle inside the 10. At least special teams showed up.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Watson hits Fuller on a 6 yard TD pass.

Texans going for 2......

2 point shovel pass to L Miller doesn't work.

Giants 20, Texans 15

7:37 left in the game.

One more stop, defense....
Old 09-23-2018, 02:46 PM
Hall of Fame

Giants drive down the field and score on a 7 yard pass to Shepherd.

Giants 27, Texans 15

2:08 left in the game.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Texans get a garbage time TD with 1 second left in the game. 4 yard pass to L Miller.

Giants 27, Texans 22

Texans will go to 0-3. All three losses by 7 or less.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:01 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
O'Brien could be fired tomorrow and it'd be well earned. He came into the year with the team totally unprepared.

But how you can watch Watson play football and not think he's a huge source of the problem right now is denial of the highest order. The ground balls he's throwing to WRs with no pressure has nothing to do with coaching. He's clearly not right yet. Whether it's mental or physical or the fact he blew out his knee 11 months ago, who knows. But he's bad right now.
They weren't ready for the season opener and 3 weeks later didn't look any less unprepared for the home opener, but realistically what's the earliest time they could dump O'Brien given the contract extention they gave him prior to the beginning of this season ?
Old 09-23-2018, 07:18 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
They weren't ready for the season opener and 3 weeks later didn't look any less unprepared for the home opener, but realistically what's the earliest time they could dump O'Brien given the contract extention they gave him prior to the beginning of this season ?
If McNair's handling of Capers, Casserly, Smith, and Kubiak is any indicator, I'd say by week 10 of 2024.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Early line has the Colts as a 2½ pt favorite over the Texans next Sunday.

I know who I'm going with. Until further notice, I'll be picking against the Texans...... It would just be a very Texan thing to pull the upset over Indy, get everyone's hopes up and then fall on their face the next week on national TV (SNF vs. Dallas). Or..... they could just skip the whole upset thing and start the season 0-5.....
Old 09-23-2018, 09:50 PM
All-Pro

Some perspective on the Texans and how bad they are. The 3 teams who have beaten us are about to drop to 1-5 against the rest of the NFL with the Pats about to lose to the Lions.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:10 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Some perspective on the Texans and how bad they are. The 3 teams who have beaten us are about to drop to 1-5 against the rest of the NFL with the Pats about to lose to the Lions.
The only team I've seen that looks anywhere near as lost as the Texans is the Cardinals and that includes the Jets, the Cowboys, the Raiders and, yes, the Browns.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:22 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
This is what is making me shudder. How bad is this team?
Old 10-11-2018, 08:44 PM
All-Pro

I'm watching a bit of this Giants/Eagles game and it's so embarrassing that we lost to this Giants team. They might go 1-15. That was a gimme that we gave away.