IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Undrafted Rookie

Default If you were a Chargers fan

How would you feel about Sean Merriman's injury situation. Would you want him to play it out?

I think it's stupid on his part, but I could see where as a fan I would have mixed emotions.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Regular Starter

If I was a Charger fan, I would be pissed. If he could further damage the knee or put his career in peril then as an organization I would want him shut down.

If it were Andre, Demeco, Mario etc I would want them to shut it down, get surgery and come back 100%. As an organization, I would think they would want to protect the player, and I think the Texans would protect their players. Like not rushing Dunta.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Regular Starter

i heard that he could have surgery now (or partial surgery or something) and be back at the end of the year way healthier than he is now. if that's true then yes, he a stupid mo. with as good of a player as he is individually, what he means to that defense, his team can still get to the playoffs without him.

what bother me though is that the contact is going to be there, they say his knee is at best 50% and he says he's playing through pain. shut it down man. he's still early 20's with a lot of living after football to do. irresponsible for the team (management AND players) to let him go, irresponsible for him to ignore the 4 doc's he went to...just plain silly.