Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Default Peyton Manning OUT Six Weeks [Indianapolis Star]

Quote:
Manning has knee surgery, out 6 weeks

By Mike Chappell
Posted: July 14, 2008

Peyton Manning underwent surgery this afternoon to remove an infected bursa sac from his left knee, and rehabilitation for the Indianapolis Colts quarterback could last six weeks.

That leaves Manning’s status for the team’s Sept. 7 regular-season opener against the Chicago Bears uncertain. ...
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...RTS03/80714062

The season opener is more than six weeks away, so for Manning to miss even one game because of this seems a stretch. Still, aren't the Colts due for a little bad luck??
Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
[URL] Still, aren't the Colts due for a little bad luck??
Not that I want any one player to have bad things happen to them, but wishing the Colts would finally have some injury trouble... I'm crossing my fingers and toes.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Regular Starter

well, i like peyton so...i don't want to see him hurt and gimpy and stuff. but i would rather see other teams falling prey to the mighty bug of injury than our own.

haha, when i heard this i wasn't really paying attention and it sounded like "peyton manning has a burst sack". that would be much, much worse and recieves automatic sympathy from every dude ever.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Regular Starter

Peyton is getting to that point in his career where things start to fall apart. Fortunately for him he hasn't been knocked around much, but maybe this will affect his mobility a bit. I look for more things like this to start cropping up for him over the next few years.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Regular Starter

i didn't know peyton had mobility to begin with.....

like you said, he hasn't been under too much pressure. i've never seen him run. ever.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Well, even if Manning returns in time for the regular season, maybe this at least keeps him from recording a few more commercials.

I'm not sounding any alarms for Indy yet, but they have had some high-profile injury-related items lately. Dwight Freeney will probably start camp on the PUP (lisfanc surgery), Marvin Harrison (problems with both knees) has had an interesting offseason, and Bob Sanders had arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Regular Starter

wait whoa nelly keith!! let me follow you here...so you're saying their star defensive end, star reciever, star defensive back and star quarterback are going to be hurt? all in the same year? in the afc south?! how are they going to manage that?!?

maybe bad luck is behind us? and not like...waiting to stab us in the back...but moving farther away? to indy perhaps?

and i hate to bust up your logic keith, but manning with more time probably means he's got enough time to start writing his own commercials!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
All-Pro

Meanwhile, Brett Favre is expected to be out 4-6 weeks with a bruised ego.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Regular Starter

FOR REAL BOB

if he doesn't even reinstate himself after all this hoohaa i'm gonna find mississippi and burn it down. all of it, just to make sure i got 'em. anytime you flip by sportscenter now it's him talking to that sideways-face reporter greta van sustren(?) about how he just wants to be wanted. what a female...
Old 07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Pro Bowler

I just don't get it, Why did Favre retire in the first place? And if G.B. doesn't want him why don't they just give him his release? Oh, that's right, he wants to play for Minnesota. There is more to this than is being said. Let's try this. G.B. says, OK it's time to hang 'em up Brett, so why don't you retire, more or less forcing him to do so. Then he has time to think about it and thinks, heck no, I don't want to retire, so I'll just play for Minnesota and get even with the team I played with for so long. Man, what a tangled web we weave.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Regular Starter

the feeling i always got from the story was that he wasn't forced to retire, the packers front office just didn't want to play the will he/won't he game anymore. brett said he wanted to retire, like the last 2 years, this time they just said, "ok" instead of "think it over a couple more days" or "noooooooooo!" or "think of the children brett" and he equated that to disinterest in him.

he's probably breathing easier these days with peyton being sore...wouldn't want some attention grabbing punk to take his records....
Old 08-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I talked to several people in the NFL yesterday who know things and they assure me that Peyton Manning’s knee is a huge concern for the Colts. Apparently Manning had to go through another procedure on his knee to clean things out after having his bursa sac removed last month. What is the most concerning is not the second operation (which the Colts are denying), but that they cannot control the swelling in Manning’s knee and any physical movement causes MORE swelling. Once he returns to the game, gets hit, has to place a load on the knee, and drive the ball, there can be swelling. All I know is that there is MUCH more here than meets the eye. Manning has the trainer come over to HIS home for rehab and is rarely seen. Now, I have been with some big-time quarterbacks in my career like Joe Montana and Rich Gannon and never have they rehabbed from home. I thought this was not an issue and that Manning would be back. However, after talking to my friends in the league, it’s clear that this is a HUGE concern short- and long-term for the Colts.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-diner-talk-2/

Colts schedule looks pretty tough if they have Sorgi under center to start the season.

1. vs CHI
2. @ MIN
3. vs JAC
4. BYE
5. @ HOU
Old 08-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Pro Bowler

Stay tuned, huh Keith? But really, teams like the Colts and Patriots, to name just two, have stayed in the playoffs, despite having injuries and picking at the back of the pack. Manning will not be easily replaced though.