IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Other Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2019, 07:42 AM
All-Pro

Default Time to renew the Aggie-Longhorn Rivalry? (Well, maybe not)

On another forum, I posted a thread suggesting this might be the year to match 7-5 Texas A&M and 7-5 Texas in the Texas Bowl at NRG Stadium because, frankly, both schools are evenly matched and (some would say) equally disappointing and might salvage the season for one of the two programs if they could stomp their former rival on the field after an eight-year hiatus.

This was not a football forum, UT forum or A&M forum so I expected a level-headed debate. That didn't happen.

Among the quotes:

"the Aggies LEFT us... they can be gone, and stay gone. They took MO MONEY, and then blamed UT on the way out. SCREW THEM"

"If I was Texas A&M, I'd totally forget the T-sips as a rival. They're in the SEC now, with plenty of schools there to hate."

"As an Aggie, I have moved on from even thinking about playing tu, until I see stupid articles like this. Let it go, tsips. You made your bed, now lie in it."

"Too Bad A&M lied and stabbed the Longhorns in the back.
I don’t care if the Longhorns EVER play the Aggies again."

It is amusing to read such vitriol from folks who claim to have "moved on". Yeah, right.

Such a game would be an instant sell-out and would turn an otherwise meaningless bowl game into a neutral-site must-see "Championship of Texas" (with apologies to Baylor).

Anyone else on board or has everyone "moved on"?