IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Broncos Expected to Release S John Lynch [Rocky Mtn News]

Quote:
The team has given Lynch permission to explore other options, both inside and outside of football. It is expected his release will be announced by the team Thursday.

Lynch was excused from practice Wednesday morning for what coach Mike Shanahan called "personal reasons,'' after Lynch did not attend a team meeting Tuesday night as he wrestled with limited playing time in the Broncos defense.

Lynch did not return a call Wednesday afternoon, but several of the team's players said privately Wednesday night that Lynch "was gone.'' San Diego, where Lynch was raised, was considered a likely landing spot since the Chargers have shown interest in the veteran before in free agency. He has also drawn interest from television networks as well for work as an analyst once his playing career is over. ...
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...sses-practice/

On a somewhat related note, I wonder when the Broncos will start picking up the Texans castaways before we see the end of the Texans slurping the Broncos' rejects.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
All-Pro

I'm probably one of the few people who think the Broncos will be better off without him. Lynch is a great leader, a great teammate, a deadly hitter and a perennial All-Pro. He's also a slow white guy who can't stay with Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez and hasn't been able to for some time now. Throw in the neck injuries and concussions of recent years and you have a major positional hole waiting to happen. Now, Lynch is complaining that he isn't in the dime and nickel packages where, guess what?, you have to cover speedy receivers.

He needs to move onto the broadcast booth or whatever is the next step in his life. He's just too hard-headed to realize it.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Pro Bowler

He is making too much money for what he is able to produce nowadays. We have plenty of safeties. We don't even want to try him out. At least I think not.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
He's also a slow white guy who can't stay with Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez and hasn't been able to for some time now.

so...c.c. brown is a slow white guy because he can't stay with those two either?
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Pro Bowler

Soooooo.........that is why we have so many safeties in camp. We know we have had a problem and we are trying to find better solutions.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Regular Starter

i heard the patriots signed lynch. typical old guys going to win type of deal i suppose. the san antonio spurs of the NFL ladies and gentlemen....