IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2019, 11:07 AM
All-Pro

Not to mention two TEs when we drafted two last year who were adequate.

My last mock on Fanspeak was odd in that the only three OTs off the board were Williams, Taylor and Dillard (at 22). At 23, I had my choice of Ford, Little, McGary and Cajuste at OT.

But, I also noticed that the run at CB had not started. Greedy Williams and Byron Murphy were both available and they are normally taken by that time. I really thought hard what I wanted to do.

Greedy is a Deion-type who is a tremendous cover corner but is a liability in run support whereas Murphy is not quite as athletic but is a solid overall CB. I decided to trade down and let the draft make my choice for me. I moved down with Green Bay and added their 4th-rounder and when it was time again for me to pick, Cody Ford was still there so I took him at #30.

Murphy is attractive but could we get two solid OLs if we wait until the second round? I decided I'd rather have Ford now then added Cajuste in the second.

I then added the CB from Penn State in the second round. After that, I took most of my usuals - Sternberger in the third, Mack in the 4th, Renfrow and Bryce Love in the fifth (after a trade down), Gary Johnson in the 6th and a safety in the 7th.