IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2010, 07:16 AM
All-Pro

I went to yesterdays game and the first thing that surprised me was all of the Chiefs jerseys/fans ? In talking with a few of them, many seemed to be native Missourians (like myself) who became Cowboy fans (unlike me) after moving down here but remained loyal to the Chiefs (like me). And I don't think that's because of any "mystic" on the part of the Cowboys, it's just the heard mentality of many football fans who gravitate to the most popular choice. McNair really needs to hire a sharp marketing guy who can do a better job of capturing the local metro/surrounding area NFL fan support.
But in spite of old loyalties to the Chiefs, I was pulling for the Texans and feel like we were very fortunate to win as we were outplayed most of the day but made a tremendous comback very late led by an excellent QB performance and another supreme effort by a truly great WR and some solid OLine play.
With all the talk about blown DB interfearnace calls, it's worth mentioning
that the call on Kareem Jackson was BS from my vantage point ? He made a very good play from what I could see and didn't deserve the flag which kept the Chiefs drive alive early and led to a TD. Fact is I thought he played pretty good today ?
I saw some guy suggest on another website that the Texans should just begin the game with a wide-open offense and start scoring as much as possible instead of beginning the games conservative/vanilla, given the inability of the defense to stop anybody. I think he's got a point, especially
with our best defensive guy now out for the season.