IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Regular Starter

Default Haynesworth to the . . .

McClain just posted this on his chat:

Quote:
Lance Zierlein just put a national scoop on his blog. He says Albert Haynesworth will be a Redskin with a contract of more than $100 million that averages $15 million to $16 million. Way to go, Lance! The other AFC South teams will feel great about that.
I am happy about this. It gets him out of the division (so probably will help Schaub stay healthy), and makes Tenn a much worse team. They were visibly worse when he wasn't playing in games for them. I think his loss is a 3 game swing on their record. Also, I am glad the Texans didn't take on a contract like that.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Regular Starter

Clayton just said there are maybe 6 teams who have called about Haynesworth...it's already in the 30-40 MILL guaranteed range.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Regular Starter

Thumbs up

Fat Albert to the Redskins, per ESPN and the NFLN and fist broken by Houstons own Lance Zeirlein.

7 years 100M with 41M guaranteed. Yikes, that is a ton of jingle.
Best of all, he won't be using Schaub as a punching bag.

Beat it Albert!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Drafted Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Fat Albert to the Redskins, per ESPN and the NFLN and fist broken by Houstons own Lance Zeirlein.
Wow. How'd Lance break his fist?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:03 AM
All-Pro

OK so know the supersexy FA is gone, and all I can say is how does Washington sign these monster contracts year after year. OK they did not play last year. but this, really.

Also thank god we did not even try to get involved in this type money to one player. Even though Albert could have made us so much better, I am happy to see him in another uniform.

Anybody posting here that starts to blame McNair for being cheep needs to be shot, and anyone still thinking we should have tried to sign him needs to go away to the official board.

I will admit I wanted to make a run at him, but boy did I underestimate the money it would take. Never underestimate the stupidity of Daniel Schneider.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
OK so know the supersexy FA is gone, and all I can say is how does Washington sign these monster contracts year after year.
They are constantly having to restructure guys and have nothing to speak of in terms of depth. Washington fans (or the one I heard on the radio) are pissed. They said they have so many other holes that they are not going to be able to fill with anyone who will be anywhere close to being to help.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:38 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear View Post
They are constantly having to restructure guys and have nothing to speak of in terms of depth. Washington fans (or the one I heard on the radio) are pissed. They said they have so many other holes that they are not going to be able to fill with anyone who will be anywhere close to being to help.
To make them feel better we can give them Richie Justice back? He can tell them how evil our GM is, the same GM who had street FA outplaying Casserly's FA signings.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
To make them feel better we can give them Richie Justice back? He can tell them how evil our GM is, the same GM who had street FA outplaying Casserly's FA signings.
That would probably be my favorite free agent move of all time.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
You guys quit picking on Richie, he's my Boy. Besides he's just trying to sell newspapers with all of that provocative BS he puts in his columns & Blogs.
Like about every other field these days, there's a lot of unmemplyment in the industry and they are reaching for any and everything to retain reader interest. For example, today is the last day of publication for "The Rocky Mountain News", which has been up in Denver, CO for 150 years.
But back to the subject at hand - good to get you out of the division AH !
Old 02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
You guys quit picking on Richie, he's my Boy. Besides he's just trying to sell newspapers with all of that provocative BS he puts in his columns & Blogs.
Like about every other field these days, there's a lot of unmemplyment in the industry and they are reaching for any and everything to retain reader interest. For example, today is the last day of publication for "The Rocky Mountain News", which has been up in Denver, CO for 150 years.
But back to the subject at hand - good to get you out of the division AH !
I thought about traded them magen manfull. She would fit in with the mountain types, but they are closing down. Newspapers have not figured out how to collect for the service online. When they do look out.