IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Cba

Interesting read from Mark Murphy, President of the GB Packers, regarding the CBA and the need for a rookie wage scale. It's the first time I've seen any sort of detail into what owners might be thinking as far as how rookies should be compensated.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...=moreheadlines

Last edited by popanot; 01-13-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Interesting read.....now if the NFLPA will only go along, maybe there will be an uninterupted 2011 NFL season. I'm not very sure this will happen though.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Pro Bowler

I was hearing the other day on one of the networks that DeMorris Smith, the NFLPA pres. is more interested in getting his political career jump started than he is about the CBA. The more attention he can draw to himself, the better he will like it, and the longer he will prolong the conflict.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:29 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
I was hearing the other day on one of the networks that DeMorris Smith, the NFLPA pres. is more interested in getting his political career jump started than he is about the CBA. The more attention he can draw to himself, the better he will like it, and the longer he will prolong the conflict.
Nonsense. This is all on the owners and don't let anyone tell you different. You should know better than to spout pro-owner garbage like that.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:37 AM
All-Pro

How much pressure to get this thing worked out is gonna come from certain players who are early or at the midrange of their careers ? You know the ones who aren't making the really big bucks like the super stars, the Mannings & Bradys & Ray Lewis are probably more likely to stand firm ? They're wealthy with SB rings but the younger guys have got to know that their years are numbered as far as their chances to get theirs go and they might be far more impatient ?
Old 02-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Nonsense. This is all on the owners and don't let anyone tell you different. You should know better than to spout pro-owner garbage like that.
You should campaign for the NFLPA Pres after Smith makes his dramatic exit.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:29 PM
All-Pro

the owners cancelled the cba, not the players. owners creating the issue...

according to Forbes, while there are big market and small market teams, average team had a net profit of 33 million last year and value over 1 billion.

here is a forbes article on some of this
http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/25/mos...-10-intro.html

new stadiums help profit, tv deals continue to go up, 18 games increases revenue further, contracts aren't guaranteed but players are to honor them, likely rookie salaries will be slotted and capped, wouldn't feel to sorry for owners. owners don't open their books except Green bay who is a public entity, GB has a higher salary number than most teams.

the percent of a bigger pie means all will gain if hold steady on percentages which are rather fudge numbers anyways.

players union seems to be seeking mostly insurance/health gurantees for past and future players, more fair on contract terms guarantees.

does seem perhaps both sides finally starting to sit down and talk with a little clarity and urgency, atleast this week