IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2009, 07:34 AM
All-Pro

The electronic times are always slower than the hand-held or manually timed 40s for obvious reasons. Unless they stay with the "official times" (however they record them), we're left with everybody reporting whatever times they want for their players.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Regular Starter

I finally got around to watching the DB drills at the combine and the guys that impressed me most were Malcolm Jenkins, Louis Delmas, Coye Francies, Rashad Johnson, and Bruce Johnson from Miami. Forty times, or rather the timing controversy aside, these guys seemed to have a nose for the ball. I am really intrigued by Bruce Johnson since he does not seem to be too highly regarded, but he ran well and was a natural at the drills moving his hips well and leaping at the right time. Anyone know his projected round? I am starting to think the Texans should take a corner at some point since Dunta may not be here past next season. The Hall and Aso deals have inflated the market and Dunta, with a good season, will want even more than the $23 million guranteed the Texans were offering this year.

I would not touch Vontae Davis, he has no natural corner skills.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I read somewhere that they were .6 slow.
They seemed awfully slow, but you know that makes Heyward Bey as fast as Chris Johnson.

Johny Knox then runs a 4.3? and the CB group doesn't look half as bad.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJedi View Post
I

I would not touch Vontae Davis, he has no natural corner skills.
Wooww, hold on a second. That is a bit much right. I will agree with you that Davis relies too much on his athletic ability, but no natural corner skills, thats ridicolous.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
Wooww, hold on a second. That is a bit much right. I will agree with you that Davis relies too much on his athletic ability, but no natural corner skills, thats ridicolous.
Maybe it's a bit strong, but I don't like him for the Texans. He is fast, big, and strong no doubt; but compare him to Rogers-Cromartie last year who was taken in the same area Davis is projected, when it comes to natural ball skills, timing his leap and footwork there's no comparison. He is a physical beast like his brother, but is he a football player? I just would not spend the 15 pick on a guy like that. I'd rather wait and take a Darius Butler, Coye Francies, Alphonso Smith, or Steve Smith in round 2 or so.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Maybe it's a bit strong, but I don't like him for the Texans. He is fast, big, and strong no doubt; but compare him to Rogers-Cromartie last year who was taken in the same area Davis is projected, when it comes to natural ball skills, timing his leap and footwork there's no comparison. He is a physical beast like his brother, but is he a football player? I just would not spend the 15 pick on a guy like that. I'd rather wait and take a Darius Butler, Coye Francies, Alphonso Smith, or Steve Smith in round 2 or so.
Darius Butler. Thats all I have to say.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
He is a football player, but I don't disagree with you. Give me Alphonso Smith anytime over Davis. BTW, Sean Smith is what you meant right?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Undrafted Rookie

Default Raji

If BJ Raji slips past Cincinnati (and thats a big IF), what would you guys think of moving up to grab him and create a super-unit on the DL?
Old 03-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
He is a football player, but I don't disagree with you. Give me Alphonso Smith anytime over Davis. BTW, Sean Smith is what you meant right?
lol, yeah but I would take Steve Smith too.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
If BJ Raji slips past Cincinnati (and thats a big IF), what would you guys think of moving up to grab him and create a super-unit on the DL?
He is one of the players I would move up for. The others are Smith, Curry and Monroe. They are the elite.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
lol, yeah but I would take Steve Smith too.
Hard to tell, seems that there has been a steve smith in every draft since 2002.