IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 08-14-2019, 07:26 AM
Hall of Fame

Default 2019 Yahoo Pickem and Survivor groups

Come one, come all. Everyone's invited. Time to join the 2019 IntheBullseye Pickem and Survivor league.

Click on the links and go to the "join private group" section.

Join Pickem

Group ID#: 14451
Group Password: 4444

Join Survivor

Group ID#: 8409
Group Password: 3333

-----------------------------

Pickem winner will receive a $25 pizza egift card. Survivor winner gets bragging rights.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Awesome. Thanks for setting up once again.

Can confirm that winning the pizza egift card is great.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:43 PM
All-Pro

I think I'll be in this year. Retirement has it's privileges.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:16 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
I think I'll be in this year. Retirement has it's privileges.
How are you settling in?
Old 08-17-2019, 12:42 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
How are you settling in?
Getting over a head cold but otherwise I'm all set. Plenty of rain lately while all my Texas friends are broiling.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:12 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Getting over a head cold but otherwise I'm all set. Plenty of rain lately while all my Texas friends are broiling.
The other night I was out in the back yard in my hammock watching baseball and I ended up putting on a light hoodie. I wondered how many Nexans were doing the same thing at the same time.

There have been a couple of tropical storms that passed by, so the amount of rain all over the country has been seasonally unusual.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:31 PM
All-Pro

That reminds me. I'm not the only one adjusting to new digs - how is life in your new home?
Old 08-18-2019, 05:33 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
That reminds me. I'm not the only one adjusting to new digs - how is life in your new home?
We're settling in ok, thanks. There are lots of small nuisances that I'm dealing with one by one, some anticipated, others surprising. The complex is great. We have a little pool in the yard which we have dangerously close to clean enough to use finally. It'll be great for teaching Daniel to swim. He does great in the water with a float thing we strap on him, pool, ocean, wherever. But I need him to start learning how to swim on his own, and that starts tomorrow. He's recently taken an interest in using a mask to see underwater so hopefully we can encourage that here, too, since he does almost everything according to his own schedule. I imagine a lot of kids are like that. He won't take any sort of instruction from me, but he will be incredibly receptive to instruction of all kinds from other people who exhibit any sort of mild authority.

There's a big park directly across the street, a big community pool, direct access to a beach that depending on the tides is often quite nice for swimming. It's really nice for walking, too, and somewhat to my surprise Daniel is happy to take walks on the beach and not necessarily go swimming every time.

It turns out that the school that we specifically moved out here to attend has in the interim seen a change in administration and after all sorts of delays our admission, which was assured by the old administration, was rejected. So that was a bit of a pisser. We were given all sorts of bullshit Panamanian excuses, all of which are lies. I suspected this during the interview and confirmed them as lies afterwards. I say We but I should really say I because once my wife heard they were rejecting us she scooped him up and marched right out.

Fortunately there was another school in the area that we really liked and we've arranged to send him there. It's a different sort of place, more academically fluid, and in many ways I think it will suit him better. So we'll see how that goes.

My biggest problem here is that the power goes out all the goddam time, at least once a day. And I do not dig that. For some reason I've become accustomed to having a reliable supply of electricity. I can't wait for the lights to konk off at about 12:30 on a random September Sunday.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:49 PM
All-Pro

I have a little electronic alarm clock I brought down with me. Every time I set the time, the power would go out within 24 hours. Since I stopped setting the clock, the power has stayed on. My landlord provided me with this cute little solar-powered lantern to use during outages. It even comes with a USB port in case your phone needs a recharge. Every time I set it outside to recharge in the sun, clouds and rain would quickly appear.

So your kid is okay with not swimming if he visits the beach but he's not okay with not getting on an airplane if he visits the airport. LOL...Children! Many years ago, my cousin's daughter Allison steadfastly refused to get into the elevator that takes you up to the observation deck inside the St. Louis Arch. She screamed bloody murder as she was dragged inch-by-inch into the waiting elevator. After her crying fit, the 5-year-old decided she liked the observation deck so when the rest of us had seen everything we wanted, we told her it was time to go back down. "Do we *have* to?", she demanded. I reminded her she didn't want to go up to begin with.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:29 PM
All-Pro

Swerving this back to the correct topic, I decided to jinx the Saints in Week 1. It was them or the Eagles against Washington and I am often leary of division rivalry games. Want an upset special? The Giants make a habit of going into Dallas in Week 1 and upsetting the Cowboys causing instant gnashing of teeth in North Texas.

Want to see a game not in your area? Try this:

www.sports24.club (not .com). Choose the sport and then the game you want. Scroll down to a small box that says "watch live" and "download". DO NOT CLICK EITHER. Avoid clicking any other ads unless you want to be redirected. Wait 30 seconds for the small box to disappear and then it will be replaced by a "play" arrow. Click this.

You'll then get the live broadcast and an icon in the lower corner to change to full screen. Works for MLB, NFL and NCAA. Good quality after some initial buffering. If there is a browser in your phone, this can work too.

I suspect somebody will shut it down eventually. Viewers outside the US may need to VPN into a U.S. server before accessing the programming.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:13 PM
All-Pro

As you know I buy the Game Pass product from the NFL but in all honesty, it it totally unnecessary for me to do so.

But for other events that I want to watch I just go to reddit and some weirdo will have uploaded a link that works great. Who knows why.

Just search for 'nfl streams reddit' (or nba or mlb or college football or wnba [just kidding]) and you'll almost always get all the streams you want.

As I said, they work great. Until the power cuts off.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:22 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Swerving this back to the correct topic, I decided to jinx the Saints in Week 1. It was them or the Eagles against Washington and I am often leary of division rivalry games. Want an upset special? The Giants make a habit of going into Dallas in Week 1 and upsetting the Cowboys causing instant gnashing of teeth in North Texas.

Want to see a game not in your area? Try this:

www.sports24.club (not .com). Choose the sport and then the game you want. Scroll down to a small box that says "watch live" and "download". DO NOT CLICK EITHER. Avoid clicking any other ads unless you want to be redirected. Wait 30 seconds for the small box to disappear and then it will be replaced by a "play" arrow. Click this.

You'll then get the live broadcast and an icon in the lower corner to change to full screen. Works for MLB, NFL and NCAA. Good quality after some initial buffering. If there is a browser in your phone, this can work too.

I suspect somebody will shut it down eventually. Viewers outside the US may need to VPN into a U.S. server before accessing the programming.
Hey Bob thanks for the tip about sports24.club. I used yesterday it to check out the Seattle-Cinci game and catch JD Clowneys debut with his new team.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:22 AM
All-Pro

Week 3 was a close call. Amazing that SF could survive 5 turnovers and still win.

Heard from a YouTube commentator after Tampa Bay lost to the Giants when Tampa PK Matt Gay shanked the potential game winner:

Quote:
Tampa fans shouldn't expect a kicker named Gay to kick the ball straight. But don't hate on him, Buccaneer fans, he was born that way.
I figure the Chargers want to wash off the stink of their loss to the Texans even if they will be three hours ahead of West Coast time and am choosing them to beat the woeful Dolphins this week. I'm still saving my Dallas, New England and Kansas City bullets until later in the contest.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:40 PM
All-Pro

Congrats to Arky and Silent Wade for posting perfect 15-for-15 in last weekend's pick'em contest. I had my best week of the season (11) and fell behind four further.

C'mon Astros.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:06 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Congrats to Arky and Silent Wade for posting perfect 15-for-15 in last weekend's pick'em contest. I had my best week of the season (11) and fell behind four further.

C'mon Astros.
Thanks, Bob. First time that's ever happened to me. I went 7-8 ATS which doesn't seem right. As Cam Newton says, "hindsight is 50:50".
Old 11-10-2019, 06:14 PM
All-Pro

Took one for the team and went with Indy this week. My second strike. Couldn't be happier.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:38 PM
All-Pro

A couple of weeks ago I jumped off a bridge and landed on a barge full of mattresses. This week I waited to jump until there was no boat traffic, which, if you're leaping off the Crescent City Connection, is not all that easy to do.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:05 PM
All-Pro

I'm out. The Lyins couldn't beat the Deadskins. That was Strike Three.

I never did play the Patriots' card. I wanted to wait until the end of the year when they were playing the AFC East again.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:04 AM
Hall of Fame

Congrats to Keith for winning the Survivor league! I believe that is two years in a row....

My pick of the Colts failed to hold up vs. the Jags. Our two other AFCS rivals finish the season 7-9 (Colts) and 6-10 (Jags). To think that at one point, the Colts were the team to beat.... but, I digress....

In the Pickem league, I believe Wade has a 1 game lead over some very close competition (but not me, eheh). Keep it going through playoffs, fellas, and win ya some free pizza....
Old 12-30-2019, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Ha, yes, I do think I am a back-to-back Survivor winner. Not sure I will be able to say the same for the Pick'em... Wade made an incredible run throughout December to catch and pass me.