IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Undrafted Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Just curious

I know the "draftniks" said Brown was a 2nd 3rd or 4th rounder (and maybe we reached) but I wonder if they knew 7 OTs would go before 26?

positive side from what I have read.. the negatives seem to be coachable (lazy hands, stands too far up etc)

I don't expect him to start so we can groom him,but if he starts that would be a bonus (obviously)
Gibbs coaching him should help

TC with time against Mario should help him too

but I am just blurting out my thoughts with no real evidence

maybe vinny or some of y'all can correct me or give me some thoughts (maybe I am speaking out of my piehole)
he isn't a reach if he plays up to the expectations of the team that picked him. One thing that stands out to me is that he was considered one of the best athletes on his team. You don't find offensive linemen with that tag very often when you consider what kind of athletes the linebackers, corners, and backs are on on every team.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Personally, I am pretty excited about this. Draftniks scout for a general, middle-of-the-road system, and the Texans O-line scheme does not fall into this category. So, because of that, I take a lot of this pre-draft internet scouting with a grain of salt.

Everyone- Use your eyes and watch this guy. This is arguably the fastest and most athletic left tackle available in the draft. The Texans finally selected a LT in the first round, and they traded down to get him to boot. Definition of a win-win.
Sums up my thoughts pretty well. Didn't have cable and was away from the internet for the weekend, but when I heard the Texans dealt down to 26 and picked Brown I was definitely alright with it. I think he would have been gone by mid 2nd round at the latest and, with the run on OTs, probably wouldn't have lasted that long. Very good fit. Would've been #2 on my board behind Kenny Phillips, but I think there's just as good a chance I'd have taken Brown.