IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Old 04-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Veteran Depth

Default Deji Karim

Roy, PK et. al.

I have seen the Texans taking Deji Karim in several mocks around the the 6th round. I looked at his numbers and something stood out to me that I would like you to comment on.

They are: Deji Karim (RB, Southern Illinois) works out at his Pro Day on March 11, 2010. 5'09" 209 lbs, 4.37 40-yard, 43" vertical, 10'03" broad, 4.05 20-shuttle, 6.67 3-cone and 19 reps bench.

Pretty good. Steve Slaton type, except a 43" vertical and only a 10'3" broad does not seem right. It would seem he would be approaching 11' or more. What is your opinion or am I just expecting too much.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:44 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kRocket View Post
Roy, PK et. al.

I have seen the Texans taking Deji Karim in several mocks around the the 6th round. I looked at his numbers and something stood out to me that I would like you to comment on.

They are: Deji Karim (RB, Southern Illinois) works out at his Pro Day on March 11, 2010. 5'09" 209 lbs, 4.37 40-yard, 43" vertical, 10'03" broad, 4.05 20-shuttle, 6.67 3-cone and 19 reps bench.

Pretty good. Steve Slaton type, except a 43" vertical and only a 10'3" broad does not seem right. It would seem he would be approaching 11' or more. What is your opinion or am I just expecting too much.
Not that there is much out there on Karim

from his proday

Highlights from a game a couple of nice runs at the 50 sec marks, and at the 3 min mark.

And a nice interview

I like the kid, those who think he is a Slaton clone should look at the kids legs, big powerful lower body. Has that prototypical goal line back look. Low with shifty feet

Kiper has him as the 28th RB, he says this in his new Draft Guide.
Quote:
Karim runs hard, and is slippery ans hard to corral. A diminutive guy, he gets lost behind the offensive line and the defenders can't get the proper angles on him. He's not real elusive but he's quick and shows some explosiveness. There's a role for Karim at the next level and it's most likely as a scatback/situational running back. He should also be an excellent kick returner on special teams.