IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Default Official 2010 NFL Draft Round 2 & 3 Thread

My Peter King impression:
I think I think everyone expects the Texans to draft a running back on Friday, probably even as high as the second round.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:38 AM
All-Pro

I am hoping they go DT, and then RB. I would hope they go Houston or Joseph in the 2nd. But I don't think the 4 RBs that make sense make it to our 3rd round pick. So I have no clue how to handle this.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
So I have no clue how to handle this.
2011 #2 to the Raiders for McFadden? jk

If we don't draft one, I have a feeling there are going to be a few decent RBs on the waiver wire or available for cheap trade after the draft. Maybe Portis, McGahee, LJ, Lynch??? They might not be ideal, but should be able to carry us for a year.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Regular Starter

I want Taylor Mays.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Veteran Depth

Price would be a good tackle, but don't think he'll last long. Charles Brown has dropped some as he may not be big enough to play OT...he might make a good ZRB OG. I think the Texans may wait till the 3rd for the RB.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:29 PM
All-Pro

The general thinks the pick will be Gerhart or Tate. He hopes Houston falls to our 3rd, but if not he thinks it will be a DT or FS in the 3rd round.

The RBs I see as available in the 2nd that we might be interested in are Toby Gerhart, Ben Tate, Jonathan Dwyer, and Montario Hardesty. Lance Z says that Hardesty has a medical issue and could fall to the 5th. So he maybe off the board.

The internet gurus, who are proving once again to know nothing, have Gerhart and Tate as late 3rds and early 4th rounders. I have thought for weeks that there will be a run on the RBs in the 2nd.

IMO the OL is the issue not the RB, but in the opinion of most experts, few of these guys (OL) are NFL ready, and a RB can run just about anytime, so the Texans will take a player that can contribute today over a guy with a higher and longer upside. Again.

BTW I am not upset with Jackson, I have the 3 CBs after Harden all about the same, some like Coke some like Pepsi and some like Dr Pepper. I am upset with the draft management, it seems we do not have the team that can get moves made. Look at Parchell's in Miami, look at the new team in Denver, look at the Cowboy's, they all move to gather picks and grab their guy.

Let the draft fall to you and you end taking a guy that no one else would have taken for 5 to 8 picks later.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Veteran Depth

Yes, and those trades were going on all around our position so you can't say we didn't have the opportunity.

From Bush's interview they seem to be prepared to take the highest rated player available for a need position. When their RB got taken (possibly Matthews) they reverted to defense.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Veteran Depth

Not having two starting CBs was the biggest mistake before the draft. Everyone knew what the Texans wanted making them a target to be jumped in front of if they traded down and there was a CB run. Teams act out of desperation when they put themselves in a position of desperation.

I guess I had pretty much assumed the Texans would take best available rb or cb with their pick for a while. The fact that they got their pick of cbs was nice versus my expectations.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
The general thinks the pick will be Gerhart or Tate. He hopes Houston falls to our 3rd, but if not he thinks it will be a DT or FS in the 3rd round.

The RBs I see as available in the 2nd that we might be interested in are Toby Gerhart, Ben Tate, Jonathan Dwyer, and Montario Hardesty. Lance Z says that Hardesty has a medical issue and could fall to the 5th. So he maybe off the board.

The internet gurus, who are proving once again to know nothing, have Gerhart and Tate as late 3rds and early 4th rounders. I have thought for weeks that there will be a run on the RBs in the 2nd.

IMO the OL is the issue not the RB, but in the opinion of most experts, few of these guys (OL) are NFL ready, and a RB can run just about anytime, so the Texans will take a player that can contribute today over a guy with a higher and longer upside. Again.

BTW I am not upset with Jackson, I have the 3 CBs after Harden all about the same, some like Coke some like Pepsi and some like Dr Pepper. I am upset with the draft management, it seems we do not have the team that can get moves made. Look at Parchell's in Miami, look at the new team in Denver, look at the Cowboy's, they all move to gather picks and grab their guy.

Let the draft fall to you and you end taking a guy that no one else would have taken for 5 to 8 picks later.
Still sour grapes, huh PK? Judging by last year the Texans draft room isn't doing too bad.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:21 PM
All-Pro

I'm not really big on any of the RBs in the second so I'd prefer we get our OG or DL in the second.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
All-Pro

If we had been able to trade down, then getting a CB, RB, AND a Lineman would have been able to be accomplished. Anyway, going forward from here....My Guys....

1 RB Toby Gerhart 6'1" 235 4.53 Stanford
2 OG John Jerry 6'6" 332 5.15 Mississippi
3 DT Lamarr Houston 6'3" 305 4.88 Texas
4 RB Ben Tate 5'11" 218 4.43 Auburn
5 FS Brandon Ghee 6'0" 191 4.45 Wake Forest
6 OG Rodger Saffold 6'5" 306 5.23 Indiana
7 OG Jon Asamoah 6'4" 308 5.08 Illinois
8 RB Jonathan Dwyer 5'11" 229 4.64 Georgia Tech
9 DT Linval Joseph 6'5" 328 5.12 East Carolina
10 DT Geno Atkins 6'2" 293 4.86 Georgia
11 FS Morgan Burnett 6'1" 210 4.54 Georgia Tech
12 DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim 6'4" 263 4.73 Washington
13 RB Montario Hardesty 6'0" 215 4.49 Tennessee
14 CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah 6'0" 207 4.47 IUP
15 FS Major Wright 6'1" 205 4.48 Florida
16 S Darrell Stuckey 5'11" 205 4.49 Kansas
17 DT Cam Thomas 6'4" 331 5.32 North Carolina
Old 04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Regular Starter

If we don't go RB in the 2nd, I think it'll be FS.

Although if Price/Houston are there, I'd probably have to go with one of them. Shoring up our interior D-line in the mid rounds would be ideal.
Last year we drafted a falling Connor Barwin in the 2nd, even though we had just signed A. Smith.

My guys for the second in no particular order-

Morgan Burnett FS
Nate Allen FS
Roger Saffold OT
Ben Tate RB
Toby Gerhart RB
Lamar Houston DT
Brian Price DT
Golden Tate WR
Taylor Mays FS
Brandon Lafell WR
Linval Joseph DT
John Jerry OG
Major Wright FS
(Maybe a small reach for Jonathan Dwyer)
Old 04-23-2010, 05:11 PM
All-Pro

Saffold would have been a good LG in my opinion. I hope the RAMS don't expect to play him at RT.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Regular Starter

Price to Tampa to team up with McCoy. Not bad.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:28 PM
All-Pro

I think the Texans will do what the Jags did last night and overdraft their guy if necessary in the second-round tonight if he's on their Board.
They are on record as saying they waited too long last year to grab a back and they've all but taken out a billboard this year and advertised that corner & RB are their 2 top prioroities. OK then, one down and one to go.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Pro Bowler

How about Golden Tate for RB/WR?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Pro Bowler

Man, I like McCluster, but not for the Chiefs. They're getting really small.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:36 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
How about Golden Tate for RB/WR?
If we are interested in Golden Tate, then why not just wait for Taylor Price in the 3rd round?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:38 PM
All-Pro

T.J. Ward instead of Morgan Burnett, Taylor Mays, or Major Wright? Hmmmmmmm
Old 04-23-2010, 05:41 PM
All-Pro

McCluster is a really dynamic player who's very durable in spite of his size as
he was a starting RB last year in the SEC, and may have been a multiyear starter. Extremely versitile, he can be a running back, a slot receiver, a WR,
punt returner.