IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2011, 06:47 AM
All-Pro

Miami is one place where the humidity equals or maybe even exceeds what it is in Houston, so it's going to be brutal out there this Sunday afternoon.
I remember a game the Texans played there a couple years ago when they got gassed from the heat & humidity (even though they won), and that game was in December not September, IIRC ?
They talked about the conditioning of the Miami players last night, but their defense was the one that was subject to the grueling pace of the Pats hurry-up offense. I just hope the 'Phins D and not ours is the one that's out on the field, in the blazing sun most of the afternoon Sunday ? Maybe it's just as well that Houston is back to 100 degrees and muggy conditions this week in preparation for Sundays game ?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Pro Bowler

Wish we could swing a deal with the Broncos for Eric Decker. Virtual unknown, but that kid is big and strong and a player. I'd love to see what that he could do in Walter's role.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Regular Starter

walter only has a bruised shoulder. should be back in a game or two
Old 09-13-2011, 11:02 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
LOL. "real team".

The Patriots were never up 34 points on the Dolphins.
If you think that the Texans are anywhere in the same area code as the Patriots in terms of talent and leadership you are nuts. The Patriots are indeed a real team. They have a very, very real chance at winning the AFC. The Texans are just hoping to back into the playoffs in a seriously weakened division.

But hey, if we look up and the Texans are 10-2 you'll be welcome to mock me all you want. I'll be here and I'll gladly accept it.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
If you think that the Texans are anywhere in the same area code as the Patriots in terms of talent and leadership you are nuts. The Patriots are indeed a real team. They have a very, very real chance at winning the AFC. The Texans are just hoping to back into the playoffs in a seriously weakened division.

But hey, if we look up and the Texans are 10-2 you'll be welcome to mock me all you want. I'll be here and I'll gladly accept it.
With the exception of QB, I would say that we have equal talent, if not better in some areas.
Leadership.....not so much.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:24 PM
All-Pro

One game played and 15 to go, next is Miami.

From last night looked like their offense wants to do lots of passing this year, so hopefully our front seven gets lots of pressure on Henne. Miami had 25 first downs and 488 total yards, and scored 24 pts against the Pats, and had more time of possession than Pats, so a test for our defense.

On defense, Miami did get one interception against Brady, but gave up 622 total yards of offense, 517 yds through the air. Brady did look great as his oline gave him lots of time to pass and receivers were pretty wide open most of the time. As time went on, seemed the Miami defense wore down as Brady used a lot of hurry up offense.

Should be a good game, looks like Texans are a slight 3 point favorite.

I don't think we need to add DA, TO, RM, or any other WR right now, keep it like it is, as KW will be back pretty soon. Maybe Slayton could be a backup slot receiver? Seems we see Slayton there sometimes anyways in the past.

Texans offense does need to be more careful on limiting turnovers, loosing turnover battle can sink you in any game.

Last edited by Nconroe; 09-13-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
All-Pro

I don't think we can go into the game with 2 WRs. Or even 4 including a dinged Walter. We pretty much have to add a WR if only for this week.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:12 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
With the exception of QB, I would say that we have equal talent, if not better in some areas.
Offensively, I totally agree. After QB, when WRs, running backs, TEs, and OLine are compared we stack up favorably in terms of talent to the Pats IMO.
I honestly don't know where we are defensively, as the current Indy offensive unit we saw Sunday without Manning is kinda an unknown factor right now ? Is Indy now a really bad offense or just average ? We'll know soon what we've got under Wade this year ?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Default The upcoming Dolphins game, 9/18/2011

Doh!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:41 PM
All-Pro

The Texans have the best wide receiver in football and enviable depth at RB. There's really no other area where you can say the Texans are clearly ahead of any elite team. Mix Kubiak's inevitable in-game slapdickery into the equation and you may well end up with a good team, maybe even a playoff team, but I fear not an elite team.

Anyway, I'm not really trying to be an ass, just pointing out that we'll have a nice opportunity to see how the Texans handle the Dolphins in south Florida after watching an elite team do the same yesterday.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
On to another topic, we've seen what a real team does with the Dolphins in the first half and then in the second half. Let's see what the Texans do.
We have never lost to Miami!! I remember the last time we played them there. It was far more hot and humid than it is here. Then they had their daily rain and it felt like inside a giant steambath.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Texans have the best wide receiver in football and enviable depth at RB. There's really no other area where you can say the Texans are clearly ahead of any elite team. Mix Kubiak's inevitable in-game slapdickery into the equation and you may well end up with a good team, maybe even a playoff team, but I fear not an elite team.

Anyway, I'm not really trying to be an ass, just pointing out that we'll have a nice opportunity to see how the Texans handle the Dolphins in south Florida after watching an elite team do the same yesterday.
The Patriots are, and have been, one of the dynasty teams in the NFL over the past several years. But even they started somewhere. To say we are not in the same league is very easy to say........right now. Let's just let this simmer awhile and bring it up again after, say the 10th game of the season.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Default Thoughts on Week 1

Opening Week was crazy. A total of 752 points were scored along with 8 kickoff-return tds. I would’ve thought the defense would have the edge after a short offseason.