IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Old 04-24-2010, 03:09 PM
All-Pro

Wtf? ????????????
Old 04-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Regular Starter

He must have been a guy they had rated as going a couple of rounds earlier. TE city.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Another TE Dorin Dickerson from Pitt
Unbelievable!! Has more upside than Graham, IMO.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:18 PM
All-Pro

They started off so well, then Jackson , Tate, Mitchell I can live with.

But then they take an ILB that is undersized, slow and can not cover. Then they take a H back type TE, then a nice pick, CB from Northwestern.

After that they took a solid OG who fits there system. A system that appears to be outdated with the influx of 3-4 NTs that can play.

Then we take a KR/PR so goodbye Andre Davis, Jacoby your on notice. And finally another Hback? I know we do not have any healthy TEs but you can get TE as UDFA all day long. Dickerson could be a matchup problem. But he is not a WR at all.

I will not question the talent of each player, I will how ever question the choice of positions that they took and where they took them. Marciano should not be allow in the draft room any more, they entire 3rd day other than Shelly, are ST only guys on this team.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:23 PM
All-Pro

ESPN is pumping up this TE we just took and show'd some tape, and the guy looks more like a WR than TE. And he is really fast.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
ESPN is pumping up this TE we just took and show'd some tape, and the guy looks more like a WR than TE. And he is really fast.
He may be able to play Rb in some single back sets... third down, for instance. Perhaps he can be a solid short yardage back in conjuction with being a significant pass catching threat out of the backfield. He is certainly a matchup issue for teams if he's lined up at FB/HB.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:38 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Dickerson could be a matchup problem. But he is not a WR at all.
Coach's quote: "He has some ability to do some things that normal 6-2, 235-pound tight ends can't do. I think he brings a lot of flexibility because of his 4.4, 4.5 speed (in the 40-yard dash) and his 350-pound bench press and his intelligence. When you put the package together, he can help a team win some games." —University of Pittsburgh coach Dave Wannstedt

• Draft expert: "He possesses the vertical speed to stretch the seam and the athletic ability to mismatch linebackers on crossing routes. An exceptional combine performance and rare top-end speed will enhance his value but he is still raw as a route runner." — Nolan Nawrocki, Pro Football Weekly draft analyst
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ll-troup_N.htm
Sure about that ?
Old 04-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Regular Starter

Kubiak on the radio now is saying Dickerson's future is at WR.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Wink

props to NFL Network for showing us some woman dozing off and monitoring her sleep state
Old 04-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
They started off so well, then Jackson , Tate, Mitchell I can live with.

But then they take an ILB that is undersized, slow and can not cover. Then they take a H back type TE, then a nice pick, CB from Northwestern.

After that they took a solid OG who fits there system. A system that appears to be outdated with the influx of 3-4 NTs that can play.

Then we take a KR/PR so goodbye Andre Davis, Jacoby your on notice. And finally another Hback? I know we do not have any healthy TEs but you can get TE as UDFA all day long. Dickerson could be a matchup problem. But he is not a WR at all.

I will not question the talent of each player, I will how ever question the choice of positions that they took and where they took them. Marciano should not be allow in the draft room any more, they entire 3rd day other than Shelly, are ST only guys on this team.
I agree. Where is the direction? Everyone here can talk about how this team is addressing the line but I don't consider massive reaches and 5-6 rounders as "addressing the line". When you can't punch it in from the goal line and your running game gets stood up at the line of scrimmage... It's not your running backs fault. And drafting two tight ends every year is not going to solve any problems.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn View Post
I agree. Where is the direction? Everyone here can talk about how this team is addressing the line but I don't consider massive reaches and 5-6 rounders as "addressing the line". When you can't punch it in from the goal line and your running game gets stood up at the line of scrimmage... It's not your running backs fault. And drafting two tight ends every year is not going to solve any problems.
They've done alright. we got the big RB in Tate. Wade Smith can be LG, Caldwell at C and Brisel can be RG. if he's healthy, Chester Pitts still hasn't signed anywhere.

Holliday replaces Andre Davis which is fine by me. I thought Davis wasn't very good on kickoffs for most of the year
Old 04-24-2010, 04:10 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJedi View Post
Kubiak on the radio now is saying Dickerson's future is at WR.
Just a one-year starter for the Panthers --- Named 1st Team All-Big East in 2009 --- Father, Randy, played basketball at Kansas State and Lock Haven --- Played wide receiver in 2006 and outside linebacker in 2007 before finally moving to tight end in 2008 --- Enjoyed a breakout senior campaign --- Has never been given the opportunity to master a single position --- Played wideout at the Senior Bowl --- Blew up at the Scouting Combine, pacing his position in just about every event highlighted by a 4.40 forty and an amazing 43˝-inch vertical --- A bit of a One-Year Wonder and Workout Warrior --- A mismatch waiting to happen and in many ways a wideout in a tight end's body but the key will be finding ways to utilize his unique talents --- Intriguing prospect with some eye-popping physical tools and a lot of upside --- Best fit at the next level will likely come as an H-Back in the mold of Dustin Keller.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...-Dickerson.php
This guys a real freak, a real workour-warrior. NP, that's what 7th round Draft picks are for, drafting projects. Very intriguing prospect ?
Old 04-24-2010, 04:13 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
props to NFL Network for showing us some woman dozing off and monitoring her sleep state
I thought NFL Network handed ESPN an azz-stopin on the Draft coverage.
I've watched them for maybe 90 % of the coverage.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
They've done alright. we got the big RB in Tate. Wade Smith can be LG, Caldwell at C and Brisel can be RG. if he's healthy, Chester Pitts still hasn't signed anywhere.

Holliday replaces Andre Davis which is fine by me. I thought Davis wasn't very good on kickoffs for most of the year
Where is the identity of this team? That's why I struggle with this team. If it's marching up and down the field between the 20's... I get that... and I think they're doing a knockout job. But if it's putting the ball in the endzone and stopping the other team from the endzone inside the 20's then they're missing the boat.

When you watch this team there is zero push on either side of the ball.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I thought NFL Network handed ESPN an azz-stopin on the Draft coverage.
I've watched them for maybe 90 % of the coverage.
I agree. I got turned off very quickly by ESPN's player showcase by having them act goofy/mug for the camera/toss the football from hand to hand....

Actually, I ended up watching on NFLN and listening to 610. I found it the lesser of 3 evils...

Note: Kubes and McClain on 610 right now...
Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Regular Starter

I thought the Graham pick premature.we were set up nicely to make some moves in the 4th round with those 2 picks and they squandered it.

If they needed TE bodies to fill in for mini-camp, OTA’s and training camp they should have just signed some guys off the street.

I hope they try out McManis at FS, otherwise another wasted pick. Robert johnson and Reshad Jones were still available.

In the 6th Kub's selects Shelly Smith, who was a need pick, but I would have been hardpressed with Charles Scott AND Jonathan Dwyer for our bruiser, Moats and JJ would be gone...

I like the Holliday pick, ALOT, and thought D. Dickerson can be a nice backup WR, even a H-back.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:26 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Coach's quote: "He has some ability to do some things that normal 6-2, 235-pound tight ends can't do. I think he brings a lot of flexibility because of his 4.4, 4.5 speed (in the 40-yard dash) and his 350-pound bench press and his intelligence. When you put the package together, he can help a team win some games." —University of Pittsburgh coach Dave Wannstedt

• Draft expert: "He possesses the vertical speed to stretch the seam and the athletic ability to mismatch linebackers on crossing routes. An exceptional combine performance and rare top-end speed will enhance his value but he is still raw as a route runner." — Nolan Nawrocki, Pro Football Weekly draft analyst
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ll-troup_N.htm
Sure about that ?
At the senior bowl he moved outside and played WR. He was very over matched. The announcers all said it proved he need to stay at H=Back and go against FS LB types. He is a development type guy, he has not had a position long enough to learn how to excel to his measurables.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:01 PM
All-Pro

Dorin Dickerson is a player who should be used like the Broncos used Shannon Sharpe. I realize that sounds like a unfair comparison, but that's how he can best impact. Essentially, he is our slot WR instead of David Anderson.

The question I had is our WR coach looking to work with this guy because the TE coach is overwhelmed? There are a lot of TEs to work with and in the draft. With the Spread Offense, this is a positon that is having more and more candidates. Jeron Mastrud and Colin Peek were undrafted, maybe we can sign them. I would have preferred Clay Harbor to Garrett Graham, but I suppose they have a history with Wisconsin TEs. I think Dennis Pitta is going to be a good pro too.

Anyway, Dickerson was ranked 104 overall by CBSDraftscout, so he was a bargain at 227.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:34 PM
All-Pro

It seemed like the second day was mostly special teamers and guys with outstanding speed who are athletes more than football players.

And the Texans added a plump ESPN sideline chick. How's THAT for position depth?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:03 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
Dorin Dickerson is a player who should be used like the Broncos used Shannon Sharpe.
Anyway, Dickerson was ranked 104 overall by CBSDraftscout, so he was a bargain at 227.
Well, I heard Kubiak say that Dickerson is going to be a WR. That makes sense. I mean, it makes sense why he was picked in the 7th round. Apparently, everyone thought he was a liability as a TE because he is too small. Then, if you watched the Senior Bowl practices you saw that he was not a WR. Supposedly, Kubiak thinks that he can learn from Andre Johnson and become a player on the outside who can use his 4.5 speed and 43" vertical. I wish they would just get Scott Long who ONLY has a 41.5" Vertical, but at least he has some experience at the position. Anyway, this is a project.

I also heard that Sharpton is our WILL Competition/MIKE backup. You've got to be kidding me. Kevin Bentley has been put on notice. I just can't see how Sharpton makes the team.

Graham is the guy that they are happy about to play TE. With all the knee injuries, we just needed to have a guy that can play in case OD, Dreesen, and Casey are out of commission. I've said my piece about Pitta, so I'll just leave it alone.

Earl Mitchell is basically Zgonina's replacement. They are happy with Cody and to be honest, so am I. I just would have liked to have had Okam's replacement drafted.

McManis is a Corner. Rick is happy with Wilson/Pollard as the starting Safety combo. Rick likes what he sees from Barber. McManis will compete with the other CBs on the roster. This could be bad news for Molden as he's the guy with his foot out the door. Also, Nolan can't play FS if he's injured, so he has to show some durability.

Rick is happy with our OL. Butler as the swing Tackle and the addition of Wade Smith means the line is set. Shelley Smith is a OC/OG guy who will compete with Studdard and White. My stomach hurts. I hope they keep an eye out. I hear that Alan Faneca may be looking for a job.

Anyway, the Texans organization is very happy with themselves. I'll admit that get a starting CB and Ben MF'ing Tate makes me pretty giddy. I'm going to be comparing Earl Mitchell to Geno Atkins for their entire football careers to see who is better.