Hall of Fame

Default Training camp 2013 - about a month away

It's sneaking up fast.....
Old 06-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Administrator

That paint's almost dry too.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:46 AM
All-Pro

TC begins 4 weeks from today - that's what I'm talking about !
Old 06-29-2013, 09:03 AM
All-Pro

So, what's your early guess. Are we a better team this year or targeted for regress? Hate to say it, but my early line is regress. Why?

Andre Johnson is a year older with no real Plan B until somebody develops.
Matt Schaub isn't any less turnover-prone.
How long can we expect Foster to stay healthy and carry the rock?

Is Ed Reed really the missing piece in the secondary? Really?
Is Brooks Reid the answer at ILB?
Will Brian Cushing be 100%?

Every team has a certain amount of question marks this time of year and I do expect a winning record and a probable AFC South title but are the Texans going to be improved on last year? I'm just not seeing it.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:01 PM
All-Pro

Well, lots of questions here as well right now, but I'm expecting the team to be better this year. Two years in a row we have lost some good proven players which is tough to replace on tight salary cap.

Andre did real well last year and we seem to have atleast four young receivers developing along with some TE developing so perhaps ok there.

Schaub can be better if OL is better , receivers better, and perhaps field position from special teams and defense is better. have to see it.

Foster should be good for many more years , hopefully Tate and 3rd RB will be healthy as well. Plus FB blocking may help this year. glass half full view.

Ed Reid and secondary will do better if everyone healthy and front seven gets more pressure on offense /QB which looks possible right now.

Brooks Reid will likely stay at OLB but Cushing and ILB should be better than injury riddled group we had last year.

Maybe when see open training camp, preseason, and first two three games of season will know better how good team will be.

I think we will be better, although record may not be as good, but we will still win this division and have a good chance to go further into playoffs and hopefully learned from last five games of last year how to maintain consistency till season over.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:16 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
So, what's your early guess. Are we a better team this year or targeted for regress? Hate to say it, but my early line is regress. Why?

Andre Johnson is a year older with no real Plan B until somebody develops.
Matt Schaub isn't any less turnover-prone.
How long can we expect Foster to stay healthy and carry the rock?

Is Ed Reed really the missing piece in the secondary? Really?
Is Brooks Reid the answer at ILB?
Will Brian Cushing be 100%?

Every team has a certain amount of question marks this time of year and I do expect a winning record and a probable AFC South title but are the Texans going to be improved on last year? I'm just not seeing it.
I'm not seeing regression. Schaub had his worst year and may repeat it but can't really do worse. Reid wasn't here last year, Cushing was already hurt last year. Basically all the problems you listed were already problems last year. Even if none get fixed its more status quo than regression.

And I say the OL will be better, Hopkins will be more productive than Walter, and we get more than 6 games out of Cushing.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Hall of Fame

I'd like to see that defense do better. JJ Watt will now be commanding big attention..... It's a chance for Cushing and the other LB's to really come on.....
Old 07-06-2013, 03:28 PM
All-Pro

Have they announced the training camp practices that are open to the public yet? I want to get tickets but all I am finding on the website is articles for last year's training camp.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Have they announced the training camp practices that are open to the public yet? I want to get tickets but all I am finding on the website is articles for last year's training camp.
Seems like that is a last minute thing they do every year... like maybe a week before TC starts....
Old 07-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Email arrived today for season ticket holders. Your account ID is the presale password on TicketMaster. I don't know that I can get away from work to go, but I may claim some tickets to give away here for someone who isn't a season ticket holder that wants to go.

Quote:
Below are the dates that will be open to the public. You may choose any date based on availability and can order a maximum of 4 tickets per date. If you want to order tickets for multiple dates, you will need to click on each individual link. The presale will begin on Tuesday, July 16 at 10:00 am and end on Wednesday, July 17 at 9:00 am.
All times are 8am
Tue 7/30
Wed 7/31
Thu 8/01
Fri 8/02
Tue 8/06
Wed 8/07
Old 07-15-2013, 04:40 PM
All-Pro

Not a single open practice on a weekend day, is that a first ?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:09 PM
All-Pro

CBS Sports.com Texans camp preview:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...houston-texans
Old 07-15-2013, 05:33 PM
All-Pro

I always enjoyed going to a practice or two. If they go even faster this year, I might like to get one of Keith's ticket on each of the Wednesdays, or as available, fairly flexible. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:52 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Email arrived today for season ticket holders. Your account ID is the presale password on TicketMaster. I don't know that I can get away from work to go, but I may claim some tickets to give away here for someone who isn't a season ticket holder that wants to go.

All times are 8am
Tue 7/30
Wed 7/31
Thu 8/01
Fri 8/02
Tue 8/06
Wed 8/07
Keith, I would love it if you could pass along any extras you have. My friend and I have 4 year old sons who we would love to take if you can request 4 for any day you weren't going to attend yourself. I will make sure to wear my ITB t-shirt proudly that day if you can help.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Got 4 tickets for the first open practice, 7/30. Even though the email states I should be able to get 4 tickets per date, Ticketmaster is no longer accepting my pre-sale code for tickets to the other practices.

Tickets are available to the general public tomorrow (Wed) at 10am from the official site. barrett, if you can't get what you need tomorrow, you are welcome to these four tickets. I think I can email them to you.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Regular Starter

Just FYI on the main site, Season Tickets will arrive this week!!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 PM
All-Pro

For the open practices, looks as if all tickets gone now.
I got a couple of tickets on following three days
Tue 7/30
Thu 8/01
Tue 8/06
not sure yet, but may have one extra one one of those days, if someone interested let me know.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:15 PM
All-Pro

I got mine no problem. Thanks for the help and the offer Keith. I can't wait.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:23 PM
All-Pro

Sounds like rookies report today and veterans report next Thursday. Then two a days begin next Friday. Can't wait.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:21 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe View Post
Sounds like rookies report today and veterans report next Thursday. Then two a days begin next Friday. Can't wait.
Yep, with the weather drying out and highs forecast to flirt with the triple digit mark, those boys from places in the NE like Connecticut and on the west coast like San Diego are gonna have some big adjustments to make when it comes to practice conditions. Stay hydrated fellas !