IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
This is like watching Texas' loss yesterday..
There is the one silver lining in this otherwise putrid weekend.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Regular Starter

Sucks that there were so many degenerate Cowboy fans in Reliant. There must have been close to 1/3 of those idiots in our building. Shame on Texan fans for whoring out and selling their tickets.

I am so beyond pissed right now, not just for the loss, but the way those idiot fans rubbed it in our faces in our crib.

Last edited by Mike; 09-27-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Sucks that there were so many degerate Cowboy fans in Reliant. There must have been close to 1/3 of those idiots in our building. Shame on Texan fans for whoring out and selling their tickets.

I am so beyond pissed right now, not just for the loss, but the way those idiot fans rubbed it in our faces in our crib.
That is the worst thing in the world. The fact that a whole hell of lot of Cowboy fans actually came to our stadium and felt comfortable cheering for the Cowboys. I couldn't tell we were playing at home with all the cheering.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Drafted Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texas View Post
The fact that a whole hell of lot of Cowboy fans actually came to our stadium and felt comfortable cheering for the Cowboys. I couldn't tell we were playing at home with all the cheering.
The Cowboys have the history, and there are a heckuva lot of people in the Houston area from other parts of the state. Because of that history, they've got the fans that don't live right in the Houston area. I was always a fan of the Cowboys when they weren't playing Houston until the Jerry Jones regime started. Before that, the team handled itself like Tom Landry. The arrogance really seemed to me to show up later. I guess there are a lot of Houston fans nowadays that hate the Cowboys, but they can remember the disappointment of the Ice Bowl game in Green Bay. I'm one of them. When the Texans win the big games, their fan base outside of Houston will grow. They sure didn't do anything yesterday to grow that base. All they did yesterday was raise my blood pressure.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texas View Post
That is the worst thing in the world. The fact that a whole hell of lot of Cowboy fans actually came to our stadium and felt comfortable cheering for the Cowboys. I couldn't tell we were playing at home with all the cheering.
ticket companies are a big part of the problem in this regard. I bet that at least 10% of the stadium is owned by ticket companies. so when a big game like this comes there will always be a healthy number of opposing team fans.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Regular Starter

Here's some video from the Cowboy game that highlights much of the Texans problem on defense... their lack of adjustment to max protection:

Texans Bull Blog
Old 09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Regular Starter

Nothing worse than getting sent into the locker with our tails between our legs at our own place.... Well theres one thing thats worse, and thats when its done by the Dallas Cowboys. Im starting to think we were posers for the first 2 weeks. Let's see if they make a statement next week coming off a loss.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz the Boss View Post
Nothing worse than getting sent into the locker with our tails between our legs at our own place.... Well theres one thing thats worse, and thats when its done by the Dallas Cowboys. Im starting to think we were posers for the first 2 weeks. Let's see if they make a statement next week coming off a loss.
I dont think the team is bad...I just think it was too early to be praising the team. They came out there with this swagger like the Cowboys would just let them complete their favorite plays and just run up and down the field on them. We should've been playing this game like we were 0-2.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
All-Pro

The Cowboys clearly needed this game and played like it. To be honest, they matched up well against us and exploited it. They have excellent corners and some very good receivers. They have large OL that are hard to rush around.

I was disappointed that there wasn't the same intensity I saw in the exhibition game against Dallas. We came into that game 0-2 and played with a purpose. We came into this game 2-0 and lacked the intensity needed to win.