IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Default Official Texans @ Jaguars Thread, 9/28/2008

Nothing like a game versus the Jags to get my blood up early on a gameday. Here's hoping for the team's best effort of the season.

NFL.com gamecenter:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...2008&week=REG4
Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Pro Bowler

I'm not sure I expect a win today, but I sure as hell expect them to compete and make a damn game out it. I also expect the coaches to make better decisions and not force the team/players to overcome their boneheadedness (is that a word?). Last week's game was somewhat close, but IMO, they were extremely lucky to still be in that game that late into the 4th qtr. I expect much better across the board this week and in the future!!! Go Texans!!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
I'm not sure I expect a win today, but I sure as hell expect them to compete and make a damn game out it. I also expect the coaches to make better decisions and not force the team/players to overcome their boneheadedness (is that a word?). Last week's game was somewhat close, but IMO, they were extremely lucky to still be in that game that late into the 4th qtr. I expect much better across the board this week and in the future!!! Go Texans!!

Have to agree with you. Dont EXPECT a win but definatly expect to see a better performance than what we have seen so far. I knew it would take time before the offensive line got thier act together. I can understand with the slightly new scheme and coach and all. What I cant understand is how bad our defense has looked, particularly the front 7. Even Ryans who has decent stats so far hasnt done anything exceptionally well. Mario has had moments but needs to be more consistant.

Speaking of the defense has anyone heard anything about Adibi? Is he still hurt? Man we need some play makers on D.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Hall of Fame

Inactives: N.D. Kalu, Ahman Green, Mark Bruener, Brandon Harrison, Kasey Studdard, Rashad Butler, Eugene Wilson and Tim Bulman.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:35 AM
All-Pro

Here's hoping the Texans play well today, collectively and individually (especially Matt Schaub !). I wish I could predict a victory, but I just don't have the faith right now. But please, please prove my confidance in you was just misplaced Texans, because I would be truely thrilled with a victory today against the Jags. Best of luck !
Old 09-28-2008, 12:14 PM
All-Pro

Not such a good start so far. One first down and a punt. Big punt return. Jax one first down and they are in Texan territory. MILFord Brown with the hold. Now the Jaguars score on a fake punt.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Administrator

F me sideways.
Pro Bowler

That play just pissed the ever-living hell out of me.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Pro Bowler

Shit, why don't WE try a freakin' fake punt?!
Hall of Fame

Texans receive the kickoff, get 1 first down and then have to punt.

Jags get 1 first down and then have to punt but fake the punt and run for 6 pts.

Jags 7, Texans 0
Old 09-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Veteran Depth

The punt receiving team was in utter disarray. Why doesn't someone call timeout?!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Undrafted Rookie

how hard is it to call time out?
Old 09-28-2008, 12:21 PM
All-Pro

The Texans just got embarrassed. If you are getting schooled by Jack Del Rio then you really need to re-evaluate what you're doing.

The play calling on the first drive was absolutely mystifying. The quick passing game was working beautifully. Then the Texans line up in a formation that screams run and the CBs literally abandon their coverage responsibilities at the snap to swarm the LOS to stop the run. Next down? Same thing. Third and 14. That's great. If I know with 80% accuracy what play the team is going to run by looking at their formation, what do you think a defensive coordinator who watches 60 hours of tape per week thinks? It's mind boggling that after six years and two regimes this is still a junior franchise with no hope offensively because of little talent and clueless coaching.

The defense was pretty good. I was very impressed with the push the front four is getting. It IS the Jags' OL, but still.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:23 PM
All-Pro

Does anyone know what the wind is doing in the stadium? Both of Turk's punts to the north have been terrible.