IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 03-11-2022, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Default 2022 Offseason Non-Draft Transactions

LB Christian Kirksey (2 years) and QB/TE Jeff Driskel (1 year) have been re-signed.

OT Cedric Ogbuehi signed 1-yr contract. Allen HS grad, 4-star Texas A&M recruit, 21st overall pick of Bengals in 2015. Played for four teams since and not of much note, so don't get too excited.

Extension discussions trending positive for CB Desmond King and LB Jacob Martin.

Semi-retired(?) CB Malcolm Butler reportedly met with the Texans today. 32 yrs old with Patriots resume.

QB Deshaun Watson took the 5th in grand jury deposition today. Will not face criminal charges. Trade market could be heating up pre-draft following Seahawks trade of Russell Wilson to Broncos. Unsubstantiated rumor of Steelers interest. Panthers seemingly still favorites.

Texans working out WR Deasean Hamilton, Pats also said to be interested. Also reported to work out former Packers CB Isaac Yaidom.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:19 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Semi-retired(?) CB Malcolm Butler reportedly met with the Texans today. 32 yrs old with Patriots resume.
Head coach material right there.
Old 03-12-2022, 01:43 PM
Regular Starter

Chris Conley re-signed today on a 1 year deal.

And my friend sent me a text that is just the "smiley face with sunglasses" emoji...knowing him, that means a trade is done or very very close.

Also, about the same time, Jalen Hurts removed "QB of the Philadelphia Eagles" from his various social media bios. Could be nothing....or....
Old 03-12-2022, 06:15 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerack View Post
Chris Conley re-signed today on a 1 year deal.

And my friend sent me a text that is just the "smiley face with sunglasses" emoji...knowing him, that means a trade is done or very very close.

Also, about the same time, Jalen Hurts removed "QB of the Philadelphia Eagles" from his various social media bios. Could be nothing....or....
I'd love Hurts here. Local kid. Super physical and beloved by his linemen and defense. Super cheap. Fun to watch. Can't throw great so lack of WR talent won't matter. Perfect QB to run out there and get killed during a brutal rebuild.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:28 PM
Administrator

RB Marlon Mack signed, formerly of the Colts.

Interesting runner before his 2020 Achilles injury. Colts reportedly tried to move him last fall without any takers. Tough injury to recover, takes a long time. But will be nearly two years removed by the start of this season.

D'Onta Foreman took like two years to fully recover after his achilles. Mack could be a similar buy low for a team desperate for a legit RB.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:00 AM
All-Pro

Where's that shit-azz Chuck ?
Is he going to wait until the very last minute right before the Draft until
he throws out that 7-round Texans mock Draft he's been studiously preparing for months now ?
Old 04-25-2022, 10:06 PM
Regular Starter

“Another year, another draft-pick trade involving the New England Patriots. The team announced on Monday that it has acquired the Nos. 183 and 245 picks from the Houston Texans in exchange for the No. 170 pick. That's a sixth- and seventh-rounder in exchange for a fifth.”

I like the trade, as minor as it is. 245 is basically a UDFA, and we could easily get back in the seventh round if needed.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:09 AM
Administrator

I like the trade too. I am sure it is probably close to even per whatever trade value chart is out there, but the point is to close the gap between picks they previously had.

It gives them a little more flexibility if a trade is needed to move up further from #170. In such a scenario, the other team may not be willing to take extra 6th/7ths to move down too far.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:01 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Where's that shit-azz Chuck ?
Is he going to wait until the very last minute right before the Draft until
he throws out that 7-round Texans mock Draft he's been studiously preparing for months now ?
Dude, you are way yonder more interested in me than I am in the team. In fact, until Keith posted the order I had no idea when or indeed whether the team had any day one picks.

My mock draft indicates that the team will draft young men of OUTSTANDING character and EXCEPTIONAL leadership characteristics.

I now live in Las Vegas, oddly enough. Maybe I'll dig up an 80 jersey and put my hat on backwards and go down there and insert myself amongst the Eagles and Giants fans and see if I can't catch covid from one of those thicknecked mouthbreathers.

Here lies chuck
Went to the draft, saw Roger Goodell
At him fate laughed, now he's in heaven

Anyway, I can see how my high flying lifestyle would be of interest to a down on his luck dirt farmer who views the Nexas dustbowl landscape through the torn bits in the aluminum foil that cover the windows of his single-wide. But needless to say I am pleased to be a reliable source of inspiration. A man of privilege is, after all, called to serve.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Roy is the one who posted those mocks in the past. He's around, not sure where he's at with this draft though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Here lies chuck
Went to the draft, saw Roger Goodell
At him fate laughed, now he's in heaven
Not quite a haiku. I am displeased.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:40 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Not quite a haiku. I am displeased.
Despondent Uber
Forlorn stare through the windshield
The Boulevard, closed
Old 04-28-2022, 02:01 PM
Administrator

This is exemplary. Sorry (not sorry) you had to suffer so that we may enjoy your art.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Quite a few moves today.

Lonnie Johnson apparently requested a trade, and the Texans accepted a conditional 2024 7th rounder from Kansas City for him.

The Texans also signed two defensive end free agents, no doubt to shore up the largest weakness not addressed enough during the draft weekend.

- Former Seahawk Rasheem Green, a 4-year vet that will just turn 25 before the season. 3rd round pick in 2018, seems to have improved every season and may not be done getting better. Started all 16 games last season and recorded 6.5 sacks. Talk seems to be that Seattle let him walk because he was not seen as a scheme fit for their front seven going forward.

- Former Buffalo Bill Mario Addison, a 34 year old reserve that had 7 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in 2021.

The team also let go of RB Scottie Phillips.