IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 PM
All-Pro

Default Roy Williams and Bryant Johnson to have tryout 7/26

According to Barry Warner of sport radio 610, former UT WR Roy Williams and former Texans WR Bryant Johnson will be getting tryouts tomorrow, Thursday July 26.

Boy I hope both of these guys are skipped over.

Roy Williams is a dog and Johnson did nothing for us last season. I would rather give the young guys more reps then bring in these two dogs.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 PM
All-Pro

I thought Johnston was an effective blocker which is very important to our offensive coaches. My main concern is that they have to be special teams contributors to have a roster spot as a 3/4/5 on a run first team.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Regular Starter

Johnson was signed, but he may just be keeping the seat warm until a better veteran gets cut by someone else.

I would have liked to see them take a look at Mike Williams, who had a nice season for the Seahawks in 2010 after achieving busthood for the Lions, Raiders, and Titans. He struggled with injuries last year.

Speaking of receivers, Dwight Jones is still under contract. He's on the Did Not Report List, so he doesn't count against the roster but if he changes his mind and decides he wants to play in the NFL, he can only play for the Texans unless he convinces them to cut or trade him.