IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
That's just it. It's his going after the lowest common denominator/pot stirring/anything-for-a-blog-hit way of doing things. Not exactly journalism with integrity..... That and he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. He randomly censors posts for no apparent reason other than to be petty or spiteful.... I quit posting there a long time ago and only occasionally read these days...
I also get tired of his personal vendettas, like his scathing article(s) about the Texans firing the strength coach only to find out later that it was one of his personal friends. I don't have a problem with standing up for your buddy at all, but he wrote this long article about what a terrible organization the Texans were and they were doomed to fail. Only later did he admit to having a close relationship, and it was ridiculous the way that post pointing out the Texans training programs was outdated would disappear. That's just one example, but his condescending attitude in the way he handles legitimate questions both in the comments section and in direct emails is annoying. I also tire of hearing about the Glory days when he was in Washington.

I also lost a lot of respect for him years ago when he was doing a local radio show after the season leading up to the draft and they asked him about one of our safeties(forgot which one, but I think it was CC Brown). Basically the question was along the lines of are the Texans happy with player X or is that an area of need. Justice came back with I'm sure they will look for some more depth, but he's not likely to see many carries next year anyway. The radio guys, confused, said but he's a safety. Justice asked who the players name was again, and when they told him he said I don't know much about him so I doubt he's got much of a shot with this team next year...to which one of the radio guys pointed out that he had started x amount of games for the Texans this year while the other host quickly changed the subject to try and save Justice from digging any deeper.

I think he's a better baseball guy than football, but he covers the Texans enough that he should have some basic knowledge of the players. Maybe he just got confused, but he definitely sounded like a guy who was just clueless, but felt like he was smart enough to just make things up and get away with it.

I just got tired of his whole act, which is what I think most of it is. I don't really get to worked up about him, because there really is no point.