IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 AM
Regular Starter

Default Gosselin's Famous Final Mock

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...k.3cacf47.html

Despite his reputation, I think he is way off on Spiller and Thomas still being on the board when we pick. And if they both are, he's off on who we pick. I think we would definately go Thomas over Spiller.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:58 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtinylittle View Post

Despite his reputation, I think he is way off on Spiller and Thomas still being on the board when we pick. And if they both are, he's off on who we pick. I think we would definately go Thomas over Spiller.
But there's a flaw in your idea that we'd pick Thomas. It would mean we'd have to turn around in the next 2 rounds and satisfy our very high need for a CB and I don't think the Texans are in a position to have the luxury of using 2 of their first 3 picks on defensive backs.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Veteran Depth

I just have not seen CJ Spiller show good north south skills needed by the Texans. I'd think the Texans would take Thomas, too.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Drafted Rookie

He's predicting a Cowboy trade up, and the most likely to me is Tennessee. If that's the case, then Kyle falls.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Veteran Depth

I would feel a lot more comfortable with this choice if our offensive line was more settled. Has anyone heard any info on Pitts. Is he done officially or on his way back and they know something we don't. That would change the picture.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Veteran Depth

My prayers on offensive line.

Dear Lord,
Let Wade Smith be of sufficient talent to become the starting center. If he isn't, please make it so. I pray that Caldwell has become a beast at RG. Give guidance to Rick Smith in finding that LG who will fortify a rejuvenated running attack. Please grant Winston and Brown good health, added strength, and some good luck. Peace be with you and please don't strike me down for self centered prayers.
Amen
Old 04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Regular Starter

It seems to me Gosselin's top 100 player list is always more accurate than his mock. I have found Lance Zierlein's final mock to be more accurate at least in recent years.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba...ock_draft.html
Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Veteran Depth

Don't care which one you use. I don't want an RB in 1st round! Not enough value unless the F.O. knows something that we don't, which BTW is highly likely!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Pro Bowler

To me it's a BPA sort of thing. IMO, we need a player at almost every position. On offense, we could use a better RB, OL, and shoot, I could even make a case for having another stud WR if Bryant or one of the top WRs falls and he's the obvious BPA. AJ's not getting any younger and we still don't have a high-quality #2 WR. On defense, it's DL/NT, OLB, DB. That pretty much covers the whole gamut of positions you'd consider using your #1 on. I don't care what position they take as long as it's upgrade to a need and it's not some wild-arse selection (e.g., Jason Babin). I'd be perfectly happy with Ryan Mathews if it finally solves the RB problem long-term.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Veteran Depth

The words running back and long-term don't belong in the same sentence, hehe. We have had two decent RB's and neither lasted more than a year. We need a line first and then we'll get as good a RB as we can find after that. That is just my opinion. Now my opinion is not worth much or I would be in someone's war room drafting and getting well-paid for it instead of sitting at my computer talking about it.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:42 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kRocket View Post
The words running back and long-term don't belong in the same sentence, hehe. We have had two decent RB's and neither lasted more than a year. We need a line first and then we'll get as good a RB as we can find after that. That is just my opinion. Now my opinion is not worth much or I would be in someone's war room drafting and getting well-paid for it instead of sitting at my computer talking about it.
you and me both
Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtinylittle View Post

My draft board when we picked...

4. RB C.J. Spiller
5. S Earl Thomas

7. LB Sean Weatherspoon

9. CB Devin McCourty
10. CB Kareem Jackson

It's close, but I'm taking Spiller. You don't pass up Barry Sanders type talent to get Bob Sanders. Yeah, I like Bob Sanders too.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular Starter

Gosselin's top 20 on the board:

13. Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
30. Rodger Saffold OT Indiana
32. Sergio Kindle OLB Texas
33. Taylor Mays S Southern Cal
34. Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona
36. Brian Price DT UCLA
38. Sean Lee MLB Penn State
39. Nate Allen S S. Florida
40. Koa Misi DE Utah
41. Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
42. Daryl Washington OLB TCU
43. Chris Cook CB Virginia
44. Charles Brown OT Southern Cal
45. Everson Griffen DE Southern Cal
46. Terrence Cody NT Alabama
47. Damian Williams WR Southern Cal
48. Tony Moeaki TE Iowa
49. Ben Tate HB Auburn
50. Navorro Bowman OLB Penn State
51. Regus Benn WR Illinois
52. Colt McCoy QB Texas

He has Toby at 65.

Last edited by TexanJedi; 04-22-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Forgot all about Clausen