IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 05-09-2019, 06:57 PM
All-Pro

Default CBS Sports lists Clowney as one of their 7 post-draft trades that should happen

They claim the Texans and Clowney are nobody close but see two trade options:

1) Send to Buffalo for Shaq Lawson and their 2020 #1 draft pick.

2) Send to Arizona straight up for CB Patrick Peterson who wants out of the Desert. Before you say 'nay', you'd be getting a Top 5 corner that is already under contract for $11 million in 2019 and $12 million for 2020 - a cap-friendly amount before he could hit free agency. A former LSU star, Houston would likely be a welcome change of scenery.

Are either appealing or do you value Clowney more than either of these scenarios?
Old 05-10-2019, 03:24 PM
All-Pro

Of course Lawson is no where near the caliber edge player that Clowney is but he's young at only 24 and after a tough rookie year with injures (IR) he played well last year and with a 1st round pick if I was Brian Gaine I'd give this deal some real consideration.
Contemporarily speaking, one of the outstanding corners but Peterson will soon be 29, so I'd want some boot (atleast a midround pick in addition to Peterson) to get serious about that deal for Clowney.

Last edited by nunusguy; 05-10-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:25 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
They claim the Texans and Clowney are nobody close but see two trade options:

1) Send to Buffalo for Shaq Lawson and their 2020 #1 draft pick.

2) Send to Arizona straight up for CB Patrick Peterson who wants out of the Desert. Before you say 'nay', you'd be getting a Top 5 corner that is already under contract for $11 million in 2019 and $12 million for 2020 - a cap-friendly amount before he could hit free agency. A former LSU star, Houston would likely be a welcome change of scenery.

Are either appealing or do you value Clowney more than either of these scenarios?
I don't imagine Peterson would go anywhere without a new deal. Or go anywhere and be happy. Half the reason he wants out is money. And everyone expects a big new contract when they get dealt.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Patrick Peterson suddenly became a lot less interesting.

Peterson suspended six games for PEDs. Eligible to return 10/20 when the Cardinals are scheduled to play the Giants, about two weeks ahead of the trade deadline. Peterson can also play in presesason.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:03 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Patrick Peterson suddenly became a lot less interesting.

Peterson suspended six games for PEDs. Eligible to return 10/20 when the Cardinals are scheduled to play the Giants, about two weeks ahead of the trade deadline. Peterson can also play in presesason.
Maybe his price goes down? I mean what the Cards want for him. But the word I heard is he is also not happy with his deal and wants a new one. He is not helping himself with this faux pas.