IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Bullhorn

Old 08-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Regular Starter

Default More on FF...

What do you guys think of Derrick Ward versus Joseph Addai in a dynasty league?

Ward seems to be mired in yet another RBBC, though he was successful in such a role in NY. While, Addai had a down year last year and has had Donald Brown drafted behind him.

In my PPR dynasty league I have Donald Brown and Derrick Ward (amongst DeAngelo Williams and Frank Gore) at RB, and I was thinking about swapping Ward for Addai. This would cover me regardless which RB starts out for Indianapolis. I think this also covers me if Addai has a DeAngelo-esque resurgence.

The downside to this is if Donald Brown ends up winning the starting gig outright or early in the season (or this season at all really) and Ward takes a prominent role in his RBBC.

What do you think about each player's prospects in the upcoming season?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Not sure I see a big difference either way, though I have heard some think Ward is up for a nice season, especially in a PPR. I think those people might be counting out Earnest Graham a little early though.

I think I would side with Addai, but barely. I'm not a fan of his, but he is younger than Ward, and he makes for good insurance in Indy with Brown. Even if Brown takes over outright, which I think he will sometime this season, Addai is there in case Brown ever goes down with injury.

And really, with DeAngelo and Gore as starters already, you're only really looking for a flex fill-in or injury/bye week replacement player here anyway.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:26 PM
All-Pro

I would not make that move. IMO, it's better to have the two lead backs in two rbbc than to have both backs from one team.

And your correct that DeAngelo and Gore are starters right now.

Now to disclaim myself, I thought Brown was the guy we should have drafted at 15, and I think he will have a blow up year.

Also I have read that Green Bay likes Tyrell Sutton, and he maybe working his way onto the roster. Does that mean carries? Not sure, but he was another rookie RB I was high on until his forty time killed him.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I would not make that move. IMO, it's better to have the two lead backs in two rbbc than to have both backs from one team.
In a redraft, I would agree. In a dynasty though (and no telling what the waiver wire is like in this league), I think Addai hedges the bet on Brown.

This is reason #8,126,031 why I like dynasty though. So tough to know the right answer with an outlook longer than the current season, and balancing the drive to win now versus maintaining for the future, whether than a 2-yr, 4-yr, or beyond horizon, makes the game that much more interesting to me.

While I'm at it... Froback and Warren... if either of you are interested in dealing me Brodie Croyle or Dan Orlovsky respectively, let me know.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:15 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
In a redraft, I would agree. In a dynasty though (and no telling what the waiver wire is like in this league), I think Addai hedges the bet on Brown.

This is reason #8,126,031 why I like dynasty though. So tough to know the right answer with an outlook longer than the current season, and balancing the drive to win now versus maintaining for the future, whether than a 2-yr, 4-yr, or beyond horizon, makes the game that much more interesting to me.

While I'm at it... Froback and Warren... if either of you are interested in dealing me Brodie Croyle or Dan Orlovsky respectively, let me know.
I guess your correct since I have not played in a dynasty league during my 25 years of FF.

My dislike of Addai is not a short term thing. And his move to another team next year will not help him, since he benefited from playing in the Indy offense, not the other way around.

I've been wrong before, but i think Brown is the best RB since Adrian Peterson.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

Yea, unfortunately for me I was finagled into a trade where I dealt away serious future considerations (my 1st rounder next year, Ray Rice, and Donnie Avery) for Gore, Coffee, and Brady Quinn. I was on my honeymoon, had slow internet, and a dying battery, and accidentally hit accept instead of reject.

I talked it over with the trade partner and the commish, but before I could get back into the country to do so he had made other subsequent trades so I was stuck.

The bright side is that I have a team that's a championship contender (Garrard, Gore, De. Williams, Ward, Andre Johnson, Wayne, Carlson, NYG as a starting line-up) but the bad thing is it hurts my future.

So, I'm going to have to hope I win it this year and then piece out my team to rebuild. But that part of the fun.

I'm in my second year of the dynasty and I find it tough to play re-draft anymore.