Lets hear some opinions on the Guru's final mock

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...t.3ed83e9.html
Old 04-25-2009, 12:14 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Lets hear some opinions on the Guru's final mock

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...t.3ed83e9.html
Wow! Sidbury goes before Everette Brown.

I'll take Orakpo over Matthews every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Drafted Rookie

Yeah Roy I think Gosselin lost his crown this year. We'll see tomorrow. Raji falls to 12. The skins get Sanchez without moving. Alex Mack is still on the board with 2 centers taken ahead of him. Texans pasing on Orakpo. Green Bay taking Jenkins over Raji. The Lions taking Pettigrew. Wow.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:12 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
Wow! Sidbury goes before Everette Brown.
Actually, the last three picks, including Sidbury are not consecutive picks but the first picks of teams who have no first-rounder (like the Cowboys).
Quote:
I'll take Orakpo over Matthews every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
So would I in a 4-3.

The scary thing is that the final mock seems to be where Gosselin tosses in his insider info. Perhaps he isn't as well connected this year because the Cowboys won't be players in the first round this year or maybe teams just aren't talking to him anymore. We'll see.

I'm convinced we're going to see a lot of trades after the first 7 picks so any mock that presumes no trades is going to look inaccurate when its all tallied.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Actually, the last three picks, including Sidbury are not consecutive picks but the first picks of teams who have no first-rounder (like the Cowboys).

So would I in a 4-3.

The scary thing is that the final mock seems to be where Gosselin tosses in his insider info. Perhaps he isn't as well connected this year because the Cowboys won't be players in the first round this year or maybe teams just aren't talking to him anymore. We'll see.

I'm convinced we're going to see a lot of trades after the first 7 picks so any mock that presumes no trades is going to look inaccurate when its all tallied.

Well, this year's first round is impossible to predict. There simply isn't any difference between the 8th best prospect and the 50th. There's no consensus.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:00 AM
All-Pro

I think I'd almost take Eric Wood over Matthews at 15. He'd be more valuable to the team IMO. I'd probably take Wells first, but if this scenario actually happens and the Texans leave Orakpo high & dry, I'm seriously upset !
Apparently Gosselin got his Texans insider info from John mcClain this year, who has been the biggest fan of drafting Matthews so he can write stories about him and his uncle, Houstonian and Texans coach Bruce Matthews.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Well, this year's first round is impossible to predict. There simply isn't any difference between the 8th best prospect and the 50th. There's no consensus.
That's why they get paid the big bucks and lift all those weights.