IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Well, well, well. The Texans have opened as a 3 pt. favorite over the Oakland Raiders in Saturday's Wild Card playoff game. I suppose today's QB shuffles for both teams might be have something to do with the surprising line.... Can the 9-7 Texans beat the 12-4 Raiders?
Old 01-02-2017, 12:45 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Well, well, well. The Texans have opened as a 3 pt. favorite over the Oakland Raiders in Saturday's Wild Card playoff game. I suppose today's QB shuffles for both teams might be have something to do with the surprising line.... Can the 9-7 Texans beat the 12-4 Raiders?
Interesting to see which QBs get the majority of snaps. Does Oakland play the steady McGroin who has some experience but lacks the arm or do they take a chance on rookie Connor Cook who some projected as the Texans' top draft choice before the Osweiler signing? Cook was full of big plays and bad mistakes against the Broncos. I think he gives Oakland the better chance against our defense but can also cause big turnovers if he gets out of control.

Houston, meanwhile, got a rebound performance from Osweiler although in another loss while Savage may or may not be healthy and may or may not be able to move the offense.

The more creative OC may win this one. I think the Raiders have the better weapons if the QB can get them the football.

Didn't see anything official but it looks like Oakland-Houston will be the Saturday afternoon game followed by Detroit-Seattle Saturday night then Miami-Pittsburgh and NY Giants-Green Bay on Sunday.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:17 AM
Hall of Fame

The Texans gotta go up tempo whoever the QB is. Pass the fkn ball. The run game is criminally boring and unproductive at all the wrong times - no thanks to the OL.

Oz was OK today. I think the radio guy said it best (paraphrasing) "Sometimes you get the F-Brock and sometimes you get the C-Brock - today was more like a 'C'. "

Coming off the bench might be what he (Oz) is more suited for. He moved the ball but still managed throw 19 incompletions (21/40). He may never have a 300 yd/game or a rating of 100 in this offense.... He has accuracy issues.....

I guess we'll have to wait and see if Savage is going to be cleared to play. Oz starting means pressure he hasn't shown he can deal with...
Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 AM
All-Pro

Going up against a banged-up backup QB or rookie QB with hardly any NFL playing experience is about the best we could have hoped for in a playoff W-C game. Oh and we got home-field and the opponent has to travel two time zones.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:30 AM
All-Pro

The time zone thingy hasn't rattled the Raiders this year. They've won some big road games in distant lands but they travel much better in a Carr.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Pro Bowler

Well, they might underdogs after this...

Quote:
The Houston Chronicle's John McClain expects the Texans to start Brock Osweiler in their Wild Card game against the Raiders.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport agreed it would be "virtually impossible" for Tom Savage to start after suffering a concussion in Sunday's loss to the Titans. Regardless of the identity of their Week 18 signal caller, the Texans are very likely to play run-first football in the Wild Card Round. They are tentatively expected to get back Lamar Miller from his ankle injury versus Oakland.
Yay, Brock!! Crap!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Hall of Fame

It's official: Bill O'Brien: Brock Osweiler to start against Raiders

If Savage gets cleared, he's the backup. If Savage doesn't clear, Weeden is the backup. Kinda weird Oz has remained healthy all year - not so much as a hangnail..... Kinda wish he's do more scrambling - it's one thing a crappy QB can do to help his team....
Old 01-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
It's official: Bill O'Brien: Brock Osweiler to start against Raiders

If Savage gets cleared, he's the backup. If Savage doesn't clear, Weeden is the backup. Kinda weird Oz has remained healthy all year - not so much as a hangnail..... Kinda wish he's do more scrambling - it's one thing a crappy QB can do to help his team....
Not really sure what options he had, other than go straight to Weeden. Savage is not available right now, and he does not have the experience to be able to sit out of practice all week and take the reigns on Saturday. I would expect a run heavy, protect the football type of game plan. IE - Its going to be a fast game, and likely quite boring to watch. Luckily, its on Saturday so we have Sunday to recover from the hangover.......

IF we are able to get thru this game, next weeks game vs. the Pats (likely), will have a story behind who the QB is, IMO.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:45 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I'm not sure I'd call the Jags job a good situation. Whoever takes the job will likely be responsible for fixing Blake Bortles.
And they hire Marrone. Looks like they went with a guy willing to fix/keep Bortles. It definitely wasn't a sought after job if they ended up with Marrone.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Pittsburgh/KC matchup moved to Sunday night. Big ice storm coming through - should be passed by night time.....