IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2010, 03:16 PM
All-Pro

Default Talk Colts-Saints Super Bowl Here

I'm happy to see the Saints win yesterday, even though they represent one more city that gets to celebrate a Super Bowl berth before Houston does (let's see... that leaves us in the company of Cleveland, Detroit and Jacksonville).

When both teams were 13-0, this was the matchup everyone wanted so, IMO, let's just forget the last six weeks and treat both teams like they were undefeated and not the last man standing.

Can the Saints punish Manning the way they did Favre? Can the Colts stay up with the Saints' attack without losing their run-pass balance on offense? Can the French Quarter survive without becoming a riot zone? Stay tuned.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:53 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
I'm happy to see the Saints win yesterday, even though they represent one more city that gets to celebrate a Super Bowl berth before Houston does (let's see... that leaves us in the company of Cleveland, Detroit and Jacksonville).
I will give the Saints a pass. They are probably the only city with a worse pro football history than Houston.

They joined the league in what 1967?

Detroit at least has the Tiger, Red Wings and Pistons. Sorry the Ford's have been inept at running a football team. The last time they where really good Alex Karras was playing, OK they where decent when Barry Sanders was there, but not elite.

Jacksonville is not old enough as a major league city to complain. Yet. Plus they have to move the team due to lack of support.

Cleveland's fan have been screwed, but the old Browns team did win the Super Bowl in 2000.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:31 PM
All-Pro

2 teams were very lucky Sunday: the Saints because they got a huge gift from the Vikings and the Colts because they don't have the play the team in the SB which was clearly the better team on the field in NOLA Sunday.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Pro Bowler

Good game, but not a great game. Only fitting that melon-head throws a pick-6 to seal the game for the Saints. Now we don't have to hear the "Peyton is God" stories and only have to hear the "The fine people of New Orleans deserve this after all they've been through. Let's rebuild the city!!" stories - ad nauseam.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Regular Starter

Congratulations to ex-Texans Troy Evans and Billy Miller (he's on IR).
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 AM
All-Pro

I'm happy for the folks in Louisiana. And any season ticket holder who stayed through all the lean years as well as came back after Katrina, how could anyone begrudge them a little glory?

I'm also happy for Drew Brees who may finally get his due after being regarded as beneath the Favres and Warners and Mannings of the league. That shot of him holding his son after the game was just precious.

As for the commercials, meh. The Polamalu groundhog ad was the only one that made me laugh. Most were just gay (by any definition) or didn't work. Madison Avenue proves again that they must really score some quality drugs to think up some of this stuff.