IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Old 02-18-2017, 05:16 PM
All-Pro

Default My 1st Fanspeak Mock of 2017

Fanspeak offers several more options this year. I chose the CBS Sports draft board then accepted a trade-down with the evil Patriots for a first a third and a supplemental third. With that wealth of picks, I dealt my 4th and 5th round picks to move up in the 4th. This was a five-round mock because I still haven't done much homework yet.

32: R1P32 S JABRILL PEPPERS MICHIGAN
57: R2P25 G DORIAN JOHNSON PITTSBURGH
89: R3P25 TE JORDAN LEGGETT CLEMSON
96: R3P32 OT CHAD WHEELER SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
103: R3P39 QB DAVIS WEBB CALIFORNIA
120: R4P15 RB SAMAJE PERINE OKLAHOMA

I saw Texas play Cal and Texas Tech and think Webb has more of what O'Brien wants in a QB than Mahomes. Webb is taller and has more zing on his throws.

Peppers could be lights out in a good defense. Leggett made some big catches in the Clemson playoff run. Perine was a big contributor to the Sooner offense when he wasn't nicked. He's not afraid to run inside and would be a good compliment to Miller.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:56 PM
All-Pro

No WR??? I guess you could pick up a few in the later rounds.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:10 PM
Regular Starter

After I saw this post, I remembered to go sign back up and did a quick 7 rounder last night using the Draftek board.

I don't remember most of the middle rounds but Dalvin Cook (Draftek's #4 prospect) lasted to Houston so I took him. BPA.

Then, in the 2nd round, TJ Watt was there so I sat there and thought for a while deciding whether having another Watt on the team would be something to hope for.

I do remember Josh Reynolds the WR from A&M was my pick in the 7th even though he's been rising up the boards lately. I think he'll be a 4th/5th rounder.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:22 PM
All-Pro

Welcome, Bikerack. Hope we see more of you.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Regular Starter

Thanks! I've lurked for a couple of years but could never join because registration was locked. Looking forward to a great draft season!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerack View Post
Thanks! I've lurked for a couple of years but could never join because registration was locked. Looking forward to a great draft season!
Totally my fault. Sorry. We had a major bot attack awhile ago which made me have to close off regisitrations, but now even the bots realize no one visits message boards anymore.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:50 PM
Regular Starter

Decided to kill some time today doing a 4-round mock for Cleveland with all their picks. Ended up making 3 trades in the first 3 rounds and filled all of the needs according to Fanspeak...see...it's not hard to run the Browns...

1: R1P1 EDGE MYLES GARRETT TEXAS A&M
23: R1P23 QB MITCH TRUBISKY NORTH CAROLINA (surprised he lasted)
33: R2P1 S MALIK HOOKER OHIO STATE (ummm...)
51: R2P19 G DAN FEENEY INDIANA (Mayock's #3 interior OL)
58: R2P26 OT TAYLOR MOTON WESTERN MICHIGAN (Mayock's #5 OT)
65: R3P1 RB D'ONTA FOREMAN TEXAS
87: R3P23 TE DAVID NJOKU MIAMI (Mayock's #2 TE)
101: R3P37 C ETHAN POCIC LSU (Mayock's #4 interior OL)
102: R3P38 DL DAESHON HALL TEXAS A&M (totally forgot about it at the time...too many picks...but he teams back up with Garrett)
108: R4P1 CB KEVIN KING WASHINGTON
141: R4P34 LB KENDELL BECKWITH LSU (would have gone much higher if not for his late season ACL tear)

Trades:

DENVER BRONCOS
SENT:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 12
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 20
ROUND: 2 PICK: 19
ROUND: 3 PICK: 37

NEW YORK GIANTS
SENT:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 20
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 23
ROUND: 3 PICK: 23

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
SENT:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 20
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 26
ROUND: 3 PICK: 38
Old 03-04-2017, 09:19 PM
All-Pro

Default 3-4 CBS Mock with Trades

The Pack made a nice offer to up in the first (taking LB Jarrad Davis) for a 1st, 3rd and 4th. I then parlayed a 4th to move up in third. This gave me one extra pick in the first five rounds:

29: R1P29 OT RYAN RAMCZYK WISCONSIN
I got the same guy I wanted without the trade down but two other OTs were available in case he didn't.

57: R2P25 TE EVAN ENGRAM OLE MISS
Another TE with deep route capability. Engram showed well at the Combine.

84: R3P20 CB KEVIN KING WASHINGTON
A taller CB who also has two years of free safety experience will fit into a bunch of multi-DB situations.

89: R3P25 QB DAVIS WEBB CALIFORNIA
I feel like the kid in front of the Emporer With No Clothes. Other than that Mahomes beat Webb head-to-head forcing Webb to leave Tech for Cal, I see Webb as the better prospect with more tools for the next level. Am I the only one who sees this? One's daddy was an MLB pitcher. The other's was a high school football coach.

134: R4P27 DL NAZAIR JONES NORTH CAROLINA
Big body replacement for Wilfork whenever the big guy retires.

169: R5P25 G AVERY GENNESY TEXAS A&M
JUCO transfer beat out Germain Ifedi to become A&M's left tackle and all-SEC. So why is he listed at guard? Too short for an NFL tackle but has the nimbleness to be effective inside. He just needs to be coached up at the position.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:54 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post

89: R3P25 QB DAVIS WEBB CALIFORNIA
I feel like the kid in front of the Emporer With No Clothes. Other than that Mahomes beat Webb head-to-head forcing Webb to leave Tech for Cal, I see Webb as the better prospect with more tools for the next level. Am I the only one who sees this? One's daddy was an MLB pitcher. The other's was a high school football coach..
No, sir. You are not the only one who sees this. I was high on Dak Prescott last year, and I have Webb as my best prospect at the QB position this year. If we had drafted Jimmy Garoppolo when I wanted we might not still be searching. I saw Webb in Mobile and he was the best guy there. I ran into some Texans brass who tried to talk me into Peterman on Wednesday night. After the game on Saturday, I decided to stick to my guns. I like his back story, overcoming adversity. I liked the leadership I saw him display in practice and during the game. I'm in love with how easily he throws the ball. I think all of the top QBs in this draft will take time to develop. I am willing to bet on his ceiling. I have seen 4th round grades on him, but I would not allow him to get out of the 2nd round and am considering trading back into the 1st to get the optional 5th year.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:46 AM
All-Pro

Default My best one so far

25: R1P25 OT RYAN RAMCZYK WISCONSIN
72: R3P8 C ETHAN POCIC LSU
89: R3P25 QB BRAD KAAYA MIAMI (FLA.)
96: R3P32 LB KENDELL BECKWITH LSU
143: R4P36 S JUSTIN EVANS TEXAS A&M
166: R5P21 EDGE DEATRICH WISE JR. ARKANSAS
170: R5P25 S JOHN JOHNSON BOSTON COLLEGE
206: R6P21 TE MICHAEL ROBERTS TOLEDO
244: R7P25 CB NATE HAIRSTON TEMPLE
251: R7P32 EDGE GARRETT SICKELS PENN STATE

TRADE PARTNER:
DETROIT LIONS SENT: ROUND: 4 PICK: 24
Texans RECEIVED:ROUND: 5 PICK: 21 ROUND: 6 PICK: 21 ROUND: 7 PICK: 32
TRADE PARTNER:
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SENT: ROUND: 2 PICK: 25
TEXANS RECEIVED: ROUND: 3 PICK: 8 , ROUND: 3 PICK: 32

Comments: I have been playing around on FanSpeak.com for a few weeks, and have not found a way to get QB in the 1st and an OT in the 2nd, there is just not the quality in the OT class. I love TJ Watt, but that just leaves me to many holes in my draft to take him at 25.

On this draft, the top three QBs where gone by 13. Had my pick of the OT with the top three guys still on the board at 25. IMO RAMCZYK is the most ready to play today, and can later slide over to LT when Brown is finally done.

My next pick was LSU OC POCIC, who has played OT & OG along with OC. AT 6'6" He has the length to play anywhere on the OL I need him. Martin can be my OC with Pocic being my RG, and Ramczyk my RT. Should be a hell of a run OL once they mature in a year. That is what BOB wants to do.

I am hoping that Romo is released, cause there is not a QB ready to play now for me. I can live with a healthy Savage and hope Kaaya develops fast. I'm not in love with him, but I missed out on Roy's QB from Cal who went at 65, when I traded down to gather some more picks dropping out of the 2nd round and gaining an extra pick in the 3rd. This gained me LB KENDELL BECKWITH. Who will eventually be the guy who replaces Cushing. That is one hell of a 3some at ILB.

The top of this draft is loaded, and we have some big needs on Offense, and a couple of holes on Defense. I am hoping the Cowboys finally give up and let Romo go, then my picks don't look so bad.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:34 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
No, sir. You are not the only one who sees this. I was high on Dak Prescott last year, and I have Webb as my best prospect at the QB position this year. If we had drafted Jimmy Garoppolo when I wanted we might not still be searching. I saw Webb in Mobile and he was the best guy there. I ran into some Texans brass who tried to talk me into Peterman on Wednesday night. After the game on Saturday, I decided to stick to my guns. I like his back story, overcoming adversity. I liked the leadership I saw him display in practice and during the game. I'm in love with how easily he throws the ball. I think all of the top QBs in this draft will take time to develop. I am willing to bet on his ceiling. I have seen 4th round grades on him, but I would not allow him to get out of the 2nd round and am considering trading back into the 1st to get the optional 5th year.
You ran into some Texans brass ? HC, GM, assistant coachs ? So they preferred Peterman over Webb ?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:40 PM
All-Pro

25: R1P25 QB DESHAUN WATSON CLEMSON
33: R2P1 OT RYAN RAMCZYK WISCONSIN
63: R2P31 C ETHAN POCIC LSU
91: R3P27 S MARCUS MAYE FLORIDA
130: R4P23 RB D'ONTA FOREMAN TEXAS
136: R4P29 EDGE DAESHON HALL TEXAS A&M
142: R4P35 CB CORN ELDER MIAMI (FLA.)
169: R5P25 S JOHN JOHNSON BOSTON COLLEGE
174: R5P30 DL DEANGELO BROWN LOUISVILLE
216: R6P32 LB CALVIN MUNSON SAN DIEGO STATE
243: R7P25 CB BRENDAN LANGLEY LAMAR (TX)

TRADES
TRADE PARTNER:
ATLANTA FALCONS
TEXANS SENT:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 25
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 31
ROUND: 4 PICK: 29
ROUND: 5 PICK: 30

TRADE PARTNER:
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
TEXANS SENT:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 25
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 27
ROUND: 6 PICK: 32

TRADE PARTNER:
CLEVELAND BROWNS
TEXANS SENT:
FUTURE ROUND 1 PICK
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 1

Comments:
I did sell out next years draft for this years draft. I traded next years #1 to get #33 (that would give Cleveland the Texans 1st two picks next season). You would have your QB of the future, you would have two future starters of the OL. 4 of the 1st 5 picks are offense and the rest are defense. There should be a group of guys that improve your special teams.

This is a fun mock to play with, but not likely to happen.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:08 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
You ran into some Texans brass ? HC, GM, assistant coachs ? So they preferred Peterman over Webb ?
Roy, I also would love to hear a bit more detail about your visit. I have wanted to go do exactly what you did and watch the live practices.

So if you don't mind, could you answer nunusguy questions?
Old 03-29-2017, 09:29 PM
Regular Starter

4-rounder using the the composite board...no trades. CLE tried to get me to trade to 2.1 by offering 4.1 and a couple of 5ths.

25: R1P25 QB MITCH TRUBISKY NORTH CAROLINA
57: R2P25 G DAN FEENEY INDIANA
89: R3P25 OT ANTONIO GARCIA TROY
130: R4P23 DL DAESHON HALL TEXAS A&M
142: R4P35 S JOSH JONES NC STATE

Watson and Kizer were gone...so I had to choose between Trubusky and Mahomes.

Garcia is Mayock's #3 OT and Feeney is his #3 interior OL. Dion Dawkins was also available when I took Feeney.

I took A&M's Hall, but Godchaux and Nazair Jones were also available.

Josh Jones is a guy John Harris is REALLY high on.

I could live with this draft class. QB plus strengthening the lines.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:42 PM
All-Pro

Default 4/7 7-round update

I tried to trade up and could not find a suitable deal so here's what it shows:

25: R1P25 OT RYAN RAMCZYK WISCONSIN
57: R2P25 QB DAVIS WEBB CALIFORNIA
89: R3P25 G DION DAWKINS TEMPLE
130: R4P23 DL CARLOS WATKINS CLEMSON
142: R4P35 WR DEDE WESTBROOK OKLAHOMA
169: R5P25 LB BEN GEDEON MICHIGAN
243: R7P25 S TEDRIC THOMPSON COLORADO

My two top priorities are an offensive tackle and a quarterback. My favorite of the OTs is Ramczyk and my favorite QB (besides Watson who is almost always already gone) is Webb so you'll see Ramczyk and Webb on many of the mock drafts I do.

Webb's stock is rising. He may even sneak into the end of the first round. So I've tried to trade up in the second round but I'm not always successful.

The other five picks are good value, maybe too good for that part of the draft board but all would be useful parts to rebuilding the ballclub.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:54 PM
All-Pro

I just tried Fanspeak 7 round draft. My top 3 priorities were QB, OT, S. Used Fanspeak board. I pretty much took top rated player on the board at each selection, other than rnd 1. Mahomes was on board, but not top, he was 26, nOT 25.

Two QB, Two OL, Two DB, LB

What do you all think.

25: R1P25 QB PATRICK MAHOMES II TEXAS TECH
57: R2P25 OT TAYLOR MOTON WESTERN MICHIGAN
89: R3P25 QB NATHAN PETERMAN PITTSBURGH
130: R4P23 C/G PAT ELFLEIN OHIO STATE
142: R4P35 EDGE DAWUANE SMOOT ILLINOIS
169: R5P25 S MONTAE NICHOLSON MICHIGAN STATE
243: R7P25 CB DWAYNE THOMAS LSU
Old 04-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Regular Starter

25: R1P25 QB DESHAUN WATSON CLEMSON - Mahomes was also available but I am not a fan.
57: R2P25 G DION DAWKINS TEMPLE - can also play RT
91: R3P27 G ISAAC ASIATA UTAH - one of my favorite OGs in the draft
130: R4P23 DL RYAN GLASGOW MICHIGAN
142: R4P35 RB D'ONTA FOREMAN TEXAS - couldn't pass him up any longer
169: R5P25 CB MARQUEZ WHITE FLORIDA STATE
216: R6P32 S TEDRIC THOMPSON COLORADO
243: R7P25 LB HARDY NICKERSON ILLINOIS - tackling machine with good bloodlines

I took KC's offer to drop back a couple of spots in the 3rd to get the 6th rounder back.

TRADES
TRADE PARTNER:
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
SENT:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 25
RECEIVED:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 27
ROUND: 6 PICK: 32
Old 04-12-2017, 08:54 AM
All-Pro

I really like this draft (and would swoon if we somehow could get Watson) but I'm not sure what it buys us to spend two early picks on the guard position if neither has a future at LT. Round one (unless you trade out if it) always seems to boil down to Robinson/Ramczyk or Kizer/Mahomes. Whichever you choose, it means you are scrambling to get the other (OT or QB) at #57.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Regular Starter

I guess I was leaning more towards "win now mode" and picking OL that could help them this season...and then focus on getting a LT down the road in FA or when the draft is stronger. Also, in my mind, Dawkins would be the RT of the future...so I wasn't really picking 2 OGs.

Also, Robinson, Bolles and Ramczyk were all gone in my draft (which I don't think is realistic). I really think the Texans will have their choice of at least 1 of them along with 2 or 3 of the top 4 QBs.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:56 PM
All-Pro

I wanted to make trades with this draft but no good offers arose. Still, I got a draft that I would be psyched to get:

25: R1P25 OT Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin
57: R2P25. QB Davis Webb, California
89: R3P25 SS Obi Melifonwu, Connecticut
130: R4P23 DL Vincent Taylor, Oklahoma St.
142: R4P35 Edge Daeshon Hall, Texas A&M
169: R5P25 OG Nico Siragusa, San Diego St.
243: R7P25 WR Chad Hansen, California