IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 08-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Hall of Fame

Default 2017 Yahoo Pickem and Survivor groups

Come one, come all. Everyone's invited. Time to join the 2017 IntheBullseye Pickem and Survivor league.

Click on the links and go to the "join private group" section.

Join Pickem

Group ID#: 7554
Group Password: 5555

Join Survivor

Group ID#: 2539
Group Password: 3333

Yahoo is going through some changes so hopefully everyone gets signed up OK. Any problems, let me know. I've got some things to adjust with the new survivor page - it's defaulting to two picks after week 13 and I don't have a way to adjust it just yet....
Old 08-28-2017, 10:21 AM
All-Pro

Both groups joined. That makes five of us.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Drafted Rookie

And Foo'ball Fool makes 6!
Old 09-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Very good. Up to 6 in both contests. Everyone is welcome to join.

I got the Survivor group straightened out. It wanted to double the picks after week 13 but I set it back to just 1 pick per week.

The pickem contest will indeed have a $20 pizza card prize for the winner this year. The winner of the Survivor contest will get bragging rights....

Foo'ball Fool: Did you get last year's prize OK?
Old 09-05-2017, 01:49 PM
All-Pro

Dude freakin ran away with it last year. Annoying af.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Drafted Rookie

Arky, I got it okay. Actually haven't used it, 'cause I got busy at work, time went by, and I forgot it was there. However, I will be using it soon.

Chuck, it was my pleasure!
Old 12-06-2017, 10:11 AM
All-Pro

Default Week 14 update

I got screwed out of the $100k contest. Each week I used the same pick for that contest as I did the itB contest. Back in Week 12, as I was checking results, Yahoo tells me I failed to enter the $100k contest that week when I always do both at the same time and my itB entry was posted. They won't let me correct the $100k entry after the fact (understandably) so I'm eliminated there.

Anyway, as you'll note. I haven't missed once. If this were the old rules, I would have already won the itB contest. I wish I was still in the running for the money. Hope I haven't jinxed myself posting this.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:20 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
I got screwed out of the $100k contest. Each week I used the same pick for that contest as I did the itB contest. Back in Week 12, as I was checking results, Yahoo tells me I failed to enter the $100k contest that week when I always do both at the same time and my itB entry was posted. They won't let me correct the $100k entry after the fact (understandably) so I'm eliminated there.

Anyway, as you'll note. I haven't missed once. If this were the old rules, I would have already won the itB contest. I wish I was still in the running for the money. Hope I haven't jinxed myself posting this.
Unless I'm mistaken you would have won it a month ago or so, maybe more.

I'm amazed that the pickem game is still basically wide open. By this time in the season someone, usually Fool, has an insurmountable lead.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Keith = 29-3 over the past two weeks (Week 15 & 16) in Pickem. Very impressive....

Bob is perfect in Survivor and has a 2 strike lead - also very impressive.....Keith, chuck and Foo'ball Fool still alive, though....
Old 12-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Just 1,035 survivors left in that contest. Dang, you would have been one of them....
Old 12-27-2017, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Keith = 29-3 over the past two weeks (Week 15 & 16) in Pickem. Very impressive....
I am certain to blow this by the end of wild card weekend.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:17 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I am certain to blow this by the end of wild card weekend.
This coming weekend would be better, really, if you don't mind, thanks.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Week 17 is a crapshoot, so also entirely possible.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:45 AM
All-Pro

Cam Newton almost screwed up my perfect run last weekend until he turned a last-minute fumble into a touchdown against Tampa Bay.

16-0, staring down a 17-0 record if I can win this week. All the "gimmee" teams have already been played. It stands to reason, right? If you eliminate 16 of 32 teams, you're probably betting the farm on some team you'd rather not show such confidence in.

There are two games where I haven't chose either team - Green Bay at Detroit and Houston at Indianapolis. For all the others, I'd have to choose the decided underdog.

Could you trust the Jeckyl-and-Hide (8-7) Lions at home against the Rodgers-less (7-8) Pack? Brett Hundley is no Aaron Rodgers but he hasn't been Osweiler-style awful. The Lions respond to must-win games the way cockroaches respond to lights turned on after 3 am. I'll skip this one.

That leaves us Houston at Indy. The Chronicle is back out with another story citing insiders who claim Rick Smith and Bill O'Brien are getting along about as well as Donald Trump and John McCain. You'd never know these two are allegedly on the same team. Every player worth a damn is out for the season, including DeAndre Hopkins who is sitting out the finale. Consider the (4-11) Texans a stamp-licked, envelope-licked mailed-in club at this point.

The Colts (3-12) still have the semblance of an offense in Jacoby Brissett, Frank Gore and K.Y. Jelly. Furthermore, they're still trying to win games while Houston is not. Odd because one could play for draft position in the spring - and it's not the Texans.

So, for the Big 17-0 and undefeated glory, HPF Bob regrettably takes the Indianapolis Colts at home in the Hoosier Daddy Dome.

Last edited by HPF Bob; 12-30-2017 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:16 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

So, for the Big 17-0 and undefeated glory, HPF Bob regrettably takes the Indianapolis Colts at home in the Hoosier Daddy Dome.
Nice pick. I had Indy -5½ over Houston as my best bet in cash contest I am in. Easy to say after the fact, but it's true.

Just 305 left in the Yahoo 100K Survivor contest. 33% took Washington who crapped the bed and lost to the 2-13 (now 3-13) Giants....
Old 01-01-2018, 12:30 PM
All-Pro

Mixed emotions. Elated to be 17-0 which, IMO, is the end of the contest. I'll still participate while eligible but predicting among playoff teams isn't the same sort of game.

Sad to watch the Texans collapse but we still need to get the best draft position possible even if we don't have a 1st or 2nd. I still think the extra #2 next year and the another pick will be packaged for a second-rounder this spring.

OH, well. Astros won the World Series so it maintains the spiritual balance that Houston's other teams sucked.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:59 PM
All-Pro

17-0 is no joke, Buford, nice work.