IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Bullhorn

Old 06-19-2014, 09:40 PM
All-Pro

Default Hot Topic - Is Redskins Offensive

I sure don't know, but Washington might sell more goods if they changed their mascot name.

Sounds like copyright/patent doesn't mean too much legally.

Then if Washington has to change how about Chiefs, Indians, Braves?

To me, I'd change name for good publicity , but get. Plenty publicity now and sell plenty caps now.

Or, perhaps Washington can partner with Indian Tribes, and have a positive impact and get support from Indians so maybe usage has positive implications in future.

Last edited by Nconroe; 06-19-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Hall of Fame

I hope they leave it be. I like it as is. Represents a warrior mentality, IMO.

Washington Warriors?
Old 06-20-2014, 06:24 PM
All-Pro

If Snyder is going to change the name, I want him to announce he is selling naming rights to the highest bidder. Teams (and governments) make millions selling the names of their stadiums. Why not sell the names of their ballclubs? It's already done all over Europe.

So Snyder pockets a cool $50 mill to call the team the "Washington Windows" or the "Washington Wal-Marts" or the "Washington Googles" and puts their logo on the helmets instead of the offensive Native American. Then (mostly)the same blowhards on the left will complain that the team is now a "corporate sell-out" and what a terrible thing this is blah blah and he can tell them "hey, YOU were the ones demanding I change the name and I changed it...so go f--- yourselves. I was happy with it the way it was."

If he wants to really twist the knife, Snyder can sell the naming rights to, say, a tobacco company or a gun manufacturer or Halliburton or the Koch Brothers and watch their heads explode.