IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
All-Pro

very good response I guess, very positive. I am usually pretty positive, I thought they might win the game today and go 12-4 and make playoffs until somewhere around third quarter today. I hope they beat Titans. I guess on my optimistic side they are now down to 11-5 still possible if they do fix a few items quickly. I think I will still be talking about how bad they were today for atleast 1-2 more days however.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Undrafted Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Dennis2112

I completely understand your feelings and their play left me with a feeling of disappointment as well.

If they do not "man up" next week and get it right going in the correct path, I shudder to think how the rest of the season turns out.

Its a shame they did not take this game, it would have made next week much less stressed. Of course as a lifelong Houston fan, its not our way to have it "easy"...LOL
Old 09-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Regular Starter

My very first ever season opener in attendance and I came out drunk and disappointed. I am usually very realistic. Given that we are in a tough division and on a conference that has most of the tougher NFL teams, I didnt think the Texans were gonna make the playoffs this year. I have them missing out with my predicted season record of 9-7. However, I didnt expect them to lose against the Jets at home in our season opener. Now they are in a must win situation or they are looking at possibly an 0-3 when the Jaguars come to town after the Titans.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis2112 View Post
I am not one to pile on and I don't think its as dire as it may look.

However, it does not take a phi-beta-kappa in football to see that we had breakdowns on almost every play. many times we were having issues at multiple positions on the same play.

Now I believe the defense played decent but they had many missed assignments as well.

this was a complete breakdown on the offensive side of the ball and it caused the few mistakes that the defense made even larger.

Anyways, time to start to focus on the Titans
Really? Just curious and not trying to be an ass, but what makes you think it is not as dire as it looks? You pointed out there are breakdowns on almost every play. We've looked the same way against the Saints, Vikings and now the Jets. Please, pump me some sunshine why to be positive.

Kubiak needed to do a Jim Mora rant. That would have made me feel better instead of being pissed for the past 16 hours. Please, just say we sucked.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Pro Bowler

I'l say it for him. We SUCKED!!! Hot horse manure would have been an improvement, because at least it would have been warm.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I seriously doubt that McNair would fire Kubiak before the end of the season, but then I dunno for sure ? Afterall that happened in the last year of the Capers regime and him lasting out that horrendous year ? I almost feel sorry for McNair, but I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for any billionaire, especially in this economy as they say.
Why not? If McNair is committed to what he said about another 8-8 not being good enough. Why not cut your losses so to speak, and get a fire eating coach that will demand execution from the get go? We have the talent, it is just not being used to best advantage.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Why not? If McNair is committed to what he said about another 8-8 not being good enough. Why not cut your losses so to speak, and get a fire eating coach that will demand execution from the get go? We have the talent, it is just not being used to best advantage.
Forget what I said about not firing Kubiak after that performance he and his offense gave us Sunday. Losing was not a total surprise for me, but losing in that manner was, so now I have no idea what to expect from the Texans or the length of time Kubiak has remaining on his job here ?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
what exactly do you mean by a "fire eating" coach?

The NFL's best coach is a robot that probably didn't even show passion on his wedding night.

I'll forgo the "fire eating" and will go for a guy who knows X and O football and how to coach it.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
what exactly do you mean by a "fire eating" coach?

The NFL's best coach is a robot that probably didn't even show passion on his wedding night.

I'll forgo the "fire eating" and will go for a guy who knows X and O football and how to coach it.
Why not somebody that does both.... like Bill Cowher.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:05 AM
All-Pro

My initial impressive of Cushings performance was positive, and still is after a second look at Sundays game which I recorded. Problem now is that I realize he wasn't on the field much in nickel situations ? Is this because of his limitations in the preseason, which prevented any playing time in the games and therefor no opportunite to practice in nickel packages ?
In most nickel situations as we know a DB is added and a LB is removed and if Cushing is going to be the odd-man out among the LBs and DeMeco
and Diles (or Adibi) are the 2 backers remaining on the field, then we're back to the major reason many of us didn't want Cushing (or any 4-3 SAM) drafted
with the 15th pick of the first round: he's not a 3-down player.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Regular Starter

I think Cush being removed is more a product of them limiting his snaps coming back from the injury. I think we will see him as a blitzer as the season progresses.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Regular Starter

I would take Adibi over Cushing any day... I didnt like the Cush pick anyways. Adibi is faster and can cover ground better than Cushing.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:18 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz the Boss View Post
I would take Adibi over Cushing any day... I didnt like the Cush pick anyways. Adibi is faster and can cover ground better than Cushing.
Have you watched Adibi lately? He made huge mistakes almost everytime he got on the field in the preseason. He is either a small LB who can't play the run or a slow SS who can't cover. Either way I don't think he is an NFL football player.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Have you watched Adibi lately? He made huge mistakes almost everytime he got on the field in the preseason. He is either a small LB who can't play the run or a slow SS who can't cover. Either way I don't think he is an NFL football player.
He wasnt any of those descriptions last year. And what sucks is that maybe he wont get a chance to bounce back this year if his play time is limited because of Brian Juicing... I mean Cushing.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Hall of Fame

For those that missed it - check out Keith's writeup on the Jets game on the front page. Always worth a read after a game and is on my own weekly reading list....
Old 09-18-2009, 07:46 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
He wasnt any of those descriptions last year. And what sucks is that maybe he wont get a chance to bounce back this year if his play time is limited because of Brian Juicing... I mean Cushing.
What he was last year was hurt for over half the season.

Not to mention your argument is pointless because him and cushing play different positions. Adibi is currently on the bench because he was beaten out at WLB by Zac Diles. Cushing plays the SLB, a position where Adibi has never taken a snap.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
I had high hopes for Adibi, and I still think there's a chance he turns into a decent player. That being said he has not looked good at all this year. He is constantly over-playing running plays and has been only average in coverage. He saw plenty of snaps last week, and I'm sure the coaches will give him every opportunity to take over for Diles.

Like Barret said though, Diles has outplayed him thus far. The only way Cushing has anything to do with Adibi is if he gets hurt and Diles goes back to strong side.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Pro Bowler

I have been out of town until today (Sunday vs the Titans), and what a difference a week makes. WE WON! But which is the true Texans team?