IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Arky Arky is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texas View Post
Watson looks so much better when he is not locked on DHop the whole time...just drop back and throw...

On another note, we need to take some shots to Fuller instead of deep shots to a double covered DHop
Good call!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-16-2018, 02:27 PM
Arky Arky is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,818
Default

Succop hits a 42-yard FG to tie the game up.

Texans 17, Titans 17

9:43 left in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Arky Arky is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,818
Default

Succop hits a 31-yard FG with 1 minute left in the game.

Titans 20, Texans 17
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Big Texas Big Texas is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,461
Default

Wow...they say the teams QB takes on the personality of the head coach. That last play looked like classic Bill O'brien...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Arky Arky is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,818
Default

Final score:

Titans 20, Texans 17

Texans lose to Blaine Gabbert for the first time. SMH.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:04 PM
chuck chuck is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,510
Default

My favorite back to back plays were certainly those two quick outs for a total of one yard.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Arky Arky is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
My favorite back to back plays were certainly those two quick outs for a total of one yard.
Eheh. I don't get the thinking there. "Well, that didn't work. Let's try it on the other side". WTF?

-----------------------------------------------------

Texans outgained them 437 to 283.

Texans had 21 1st downs. Titans had 15.

Took the Texans a full half to adjust to the blitz.

The fake punt/TD completely changed the complexion of the game....
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-16-2018, 08:12 PM
barrett barrett is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,563
Default

Watson is so raw still. And with an offseason teams obviously have a much better idea how to defend him. He's going to have to learn to give up on plays. Not every play is a winner at this level.

Overall a God awful loss. When you play a team with zero offense you should go into the game expecting them to try to win with something other than offense (like a gimmick fake punt). Instead we looked like we had never considered the possibility. The coaching has been embarrassing so far.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Arky Arky is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,818
Default

Texans are a ridiculous 6 to 7 pt favorites over the NY Giants this Sunday. Texans are 0-2 ATS so far this year and are too dysfunctional for me to pick them - until further notice. Fact is, probably the only way they cover is if I take the Giants - which I probably will.

I've played in a pickem contest every year for the last 4-5 years. The rules are, each week you pick 5 games between NFL and NCAA. One of the picks is a "best bet" and carries double the value. Guess who my best bet has been the last two weeks?.....eheh. I went 0-5 this weekend, first time ever in 4-5 years of playing. Texans, Pats, Giants - all failed. 49'ers had a comfortable lead and got back-doored. For the record, I've had several 5-0 weekends.

None of this is earth-shaking or on topic - just thought I'd share....
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-17-2018, 02:53 PM
barrett barrett is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Texans are a ridiculous 6 to 7 pt favorites over the NY Giants this Sunday. Texans are 0-2 ATS so far this year and are too dysfunctional for me to pick them - until further notice. Fact is, probably the only way they cover is if I take the Giants - which I probably will.

I've played in a pickem contest every year for the last 4-5 years. The rules are, each week you pick 5 games between NFL and NCAA. One of the picks is a "best bet" and carries double the value. Guess who my best bet has been the last two weeks?.....eheh. I went 0-5 this weekend, first time ever in 4-5 years of playing. Texans, Pats, Giants - all failed. 49'ers had a comfortable lead and got back-doored. For the record, I've had several 5-0 weekends.

None of this is earth-shaking or on topic - just thought I'd share....
Obviously you know this, but the spreads aren't predictions, but rather attempts to influence how people bet. Nobody in the world likes the Titans. People in Tennessee don't even care about the Titans. They are a distant 2nd to the Volunteers for in state football. Deshaun Watson on the other hand is exciting and inspires bets. So we can look forward to betting lines being skewed our way until we prove completely incompetent.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Arky Arky is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Obviously you know this, but the spreads aren't predictions, but rather attempts to influence how people bet. Nobody in the world likes the Titans. People in Tennessee don't even care about the Titans. They are a distant 2nd to the Volunteers for in state football. Deshaun Watson on the other hand is exciting and inspires bets. So we can look forward to betting lines being skewed our way until we prove completely incompetent.
Oh yeah, I'm aware of that.

The deal is, the Texans on paper really have a pretty good squad with stars and near stars. They should be more competent than they have shown. It's been a revelation that they are such an underachieving, dysfunctional mass of incompetence. Kind of painful to watch.

The Astros are receiving the effect you speak of. The linesmakers make them the favorite just about every day. When Verlander pitches, count on a -200. When Verlander pitches against a rookie or any celler-dweller, it can go up to -300....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.