IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Regular Starter

Default Marvin Harrison

No I don't think we should sign him. I've just been blown away that the new NFL enforcer Goodell never seemed to get involved in the whole Marvin Harrison might have shot somebody thing. The story as a whole never got much attention. When it first happened there was some coverage, but it never really reached the level of most NFL star in trouble off the field stories. There were arguments for days on talk radio about Stalworth's punishment vs. Vick. They were both wrong, but Stalworth was an accident. Harrison very well could have shot someone intentionally, and now the victim claims on what turns out to be his deathbed after being shot again that Harrison hired the gunman. (this was actually in July, but I just saw it)

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ho...ed_gunman.html

and now Harrison's accuser has recently died from the second shooting:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/57976417.html?cmpid=15585797

In the first shooting Harrison's gun was used. That is not even in dispute. I understand that the police couldn't get witnesses who could give consistent accounts of what actually happened, and that's why they never went after him for the shooting. If I remember correctly though, in Penn. it is a felony if a firearm that you own is used by another person to commit a felony. It seems as if that would be a slam dunk for the prosecution.

For some reason though this just never seemed to to take off the way you would expect. There's been periodic updates on the story, and it's not like it has been covered up or anything...I just find it odd that it never generated much interest. I know that Harrison isn't even on an NFL roster right now and this incident likely played a part in that...I just wonder if that was the leagues plan all along to hope it stayed quiet long enough for Harrison to go into a semi-forced retirement.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:22 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Dixon was charged with making false reports to police and other offenses and was scheduled to be in court today, according to court records.
Sounds like somebody *really* wanted to keep him from testifying. I don't know if the blame traces back to Harrison but it doesn't sound like a random act.