IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 04-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Drafted Rookie

Default McNabb traded

Donovan McNabb has been traded to the Washington Redskins for a 2nd round pick (37th) this year and either a 3rd or a 4th in 2011.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 PM
All-Pro

Surprised to see this deal made within the division so I'm guessing the Skins must have agreed to take more of McNabb's contract than anyone else would. There will be one highly-motivated quarterback on the field when those two teams meet next year.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:20 PM
All-Pro

It will be very interesting to see how quickly Vick gets put in and how short Kolb's leash will be. Kolb gets the benefit of McNabb asking for weapons in Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. It will be interesting to see if the Eagles select a RB with the 37th pick to replace Westbrook.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Trading to a division rival is a bad move by the Eagles to squeeze more blood from the turnip. I'm guessing the NFL schedulers love it though... I'm sure they are working on turning one or both of the Eagles-Redskins matchups into prime time affairs.

Interesting move by Shanahan though. He's won with a great though aged QB (granted, McNabb is no Elway, but then who else on the market is?), and he's now got his RBBC since he's brought on Larry Johnson and Willie Parker to join Clinton Portis. But then again, winning preseasons is what Dan Snyder is all about, right?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:57 AM
All-Pro

As we sit here in early April, this looks like a dumb move. Division rival, unproven backup now becomes starter, possible divided locker room.

The Philly fans should be careful for what they wished for. They got it now.

We should re-look at this in December....
Old 04-05-2010, 02:38 PM
All-Pro

The front office pushed for the move and Reid said no. Front office won. Then McNabb asked Reid to keep him away from Oakland and Buffalo. Reid had no reason to from a football or business perspective, but said he did it to be "nice" to Donovan.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:21 PM
All-Pro

On another topic but still related to the Redskins and Eagles, NFLNetwork is reporting that x-Titan and current Redskin DT Albert Haynesworh was offered up to the Eagles (who declined) and they are also reporting he is being actively shopped around the league to other teams. Apparently Big Al has told Shanny he wants no part of any stinking 3-4, atleast not as the NT.