IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 11-30-2020, 06:54 PM
Drafted Rookie

Default Will Fuller, Bradley Roby Suspended for PED

Will Fuller has been suspended for the rest of the 2020 season for using a PED, according to NFL.com. Yep, it's still 2020...
Old 11-30-2020, 07:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Aye, yi, yi.....

Chron - Texans' Will Fuller suspended six games for violating NFL's PED policy.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:23 PM
All-Pro

Roby too.

You put a know nothing religious nutcase in charge of an NFL football team and I guess you see the results.

Fortunately the Lions have a stranglehold on worst organization in the NFL.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Administrator

It's a six game suspension for both, which means neither would be available to play in Week 1 of next year.

The confounding issue with Fuller is whether the team brings him back next year, and if so, what's his value. He's missed like almost 30 games in five seasons. With so many talent needs all over the field, tagging Fuller would be an expensive one-year solution but a finger in the dike for the short term.

Roby, otoh, signed 3-yr $36M in April. He'll be back.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:17 AM
Hall of Fame

The radio guys were suggesting that this might lead to Fuller sticking with the Texans for a price lower than expected. That Watson has management's ear and wants Fuller to stay. I could see that but who knows? We'll see, I guess...
Old 12-02-2020, 09:31 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
The radio guys were suggesting that this might lead to Fuller sticking with the Texans for a price lower than expected. That Watson has management's ear and wants Fuller to stay. I could see that but who knows? We'll see, I guess...
The retention of Fuller and his willingness to stay is likely just one more thing that will hinge on the identity of our next HC and GM.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:25 PM
All-Pro

Isn't the NFL, like MLB, not announcing disciplinary action for PEDs on the first strike so as to make it "easier" for players to get help anonymously? Then the second time brings the public shame. I thought that was the case. If so, then the league announcing this means these two were caught before. Frankly, I think the whole league juices, except the kickers. They just don't make a big stink about it the way baseball does.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Isn't the NFL, like MLB, not announcing disciplinary action for PEDs on the first strike so as to make it "easier" for players to get help anonymously? Then the second time brings the public shame. I thought that was the case. If so, then the league announcing this means these two were caught before. Frankly, I think the whole league juices, except the kickers. They just don't make a big stink about it the way baseball does.
That's for recreational drug violations. For PEDs, the first strike gets a suspension.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:09 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's a six game suspension for both, which means neither would be available to play in Week 1 of next year.

The confounding issue with Fuller is whether the team brings him back next year, and if so, what's his value. He's missed like almost 30 games in five seasons. With so many talent needs all over the field, tagging Fuller would be an expensive one-year solution but a finger in the dike for the short term.

Roby, otoh, signed 3-yr $36M in April. He'll be back.
If they are looking to move on from Roby, the suspension may give them grounds to void his remaining guaranteed money.