IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Training Camp Fodder

Default Impact of Pittsburgh's Harrison's 6-yr Deal for Demeco

Does Harrison's wealthy deal have a strong impact on Ryans negotiations? $51.175 over the next six seasons is a bit high but not unreasonable. Does anyone expect Demeco's contract to be in that range, or give or take?

I don't know how much of that is guaranteed and its said that $20 million worth of bonuses are included in the contract as well. The official numbers are supposed to be reported tomorrow, but here's the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4064291
Old 04-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular Starter

I can't say that it won't impact Demeco, but it shouldn't have that much bearing on Demeco. Harrison was DPOY of the year last year, had 16 sacks, and an OLB in a 3-4 is much different than a MLB in a 4-3. I'm sure Demeco's agent will reference, but it should be fairly easy to make a case that Demeco's situation isn't similar.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:40 PM
All-Pro

If "all" Harrison got was 20 Million in guaranteed money, then the Steelers virtually got a "home-town discount" IMO if you consider that Dwight Freeney got 50% more guaranteed money (30 million) between 18 & 24 months ago. I think Harrison at weakside OLB for the Steelers is very comparable to Freeney at the 4-3 weakside edge as a DE for the Colts as the top pass-rusher for their respective teams. And they are about the same age.
And no a 4-3 MLB is just not as valuable to a team as Harrisons position is to the 3-4 Steelers.