IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Bullhorn

Old 12-20-2013, 12:10 AM
All-Pro

Default Josh Innes is leaving town.

Radio DJ Josh Innes of KILT the am station on 610 is taking a similar job in Philly. In the article he sites wanting to go to a real sports market and wanting to get away from Rich Lord.

I never liked the guy and often had to go channel surfing, only really listening to his show when the General was on. Hey it would be about football and only football then, none of Josh's stupid tirades happen during the General.

I say don't let the door hit in the a$$.

And I would have said that even without his closing shots.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:06 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
So WIP’s new import from Houston has been on doing the 6 to 10 evening shift since the start of the year. I don’t want to completely characterize the guy “internet hot-take style” with not even two full weeks of shows yet, he might end up growing into the role. But it’s been pretty rough so far. I have always felt WIP and Philly sports talk in general bends over backwards to be too provincial. National sports topics are always discouraged and in my opinion too much so. But it’s obvious the first time Innes set foot in Philadelphia was when he got in the building to do his first shift, and that’s a recipe for disaster. If you have limited knowledge of the local sports scene, you need to be able to make up for it with a compelling personality. Innes sounds like a “shock-jock” type sports host circa 1999. Begging people who are stoned to call up or addressing callers as “jagoffs” doesn’t sound like a formula for success to me. WIP has always mixed in plenty of guy talk but it seemed to be always more geared toward the 35-54 demo. I understand the omnipresent priority of skewing younger and the station definitely needs new blood, but this move wreaks of more corporate string-pulling from above, moving a guy who had success in a totally different market like Houston into a shift with no regard for the guy who was previously in there (a much more low-tempo, typical sports talk host in Rob Ellis) and how the new market might take to it.

The result has been a painfully awkward show to listen to tonight with several callers warning Innes he’s not going to last long in the market. The social media response has not been stellar either. https://twitter.com/search?q=josh%20...ypd&f=realtime

Maybe WIP will chalk this up to any attention being good attention, but from what I’ve heard so far, I don’t see this ending well.
http://radioinsight.com/community/to...nnes-show-wip/
Old 02-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Hall of Fame

610 afternoon sports talk got a whole lot easier to listen to after Innes left..... Pendergast is pretty good... I never listened to him on 1560 because I couldn't pick up the station that well....
Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 PM
All-Pro

I agree the 610 show has gotten a whole lot better with the addition of Pendergast.