IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Bullhorn

Old 08-01-2019, 02:35 PM
All-Pro

Default This Just In...

Chuck is actually a nice guy. He probably doesn't want that known but I am moving to the same country where he lives and he was kind enough to wait at the airport for me with his son then take me around and share a meal before driving me to my hotel.

The immigration process is working very well so far. Next week, I will actually be enjoying my new apartment and meeting up with ex-pats and locals who also enjoy this hidden paradise.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Administrator

chuck and Bob... odd couple remake sitcom gold!
Old 08-04-2019, 11:40 PM
All-Pro

I AM a nice guy and I DO try to keep that under my hat. We all have reputations to maintain, after all.

Sadly Bob blew into town at the worst possible time for me. We're in the middle of a move and I really only had that one night to hang out. I've spent the last five days wondering just where in the hell I accumulated so much junk.

So, yeah, Bob met my son, my wife, the cat, and saw the apartment we've just vacated. Unfortunately, I'm not sure my son made the best possible impression. He is an airplane and airline and airport fanatic, and each time we go to the airport either to look at planes and mess around or to pick someone up, no matter how much advance explanation I give, once it dawns on him that he and I are in fact not going to travel anywhere but that I have instead cruelly exposed him to the proximity of airline travel without the logical follow-through, AGAIN!, well, he reacts with what many might consider a disproportionate level of disappointment.

He will be five in exactly one week. I expect him to grow out of this at some point in the next ten years, but I guess you never really know. I suppose he could just take matters into his own hands and enroll himself in flight school.

Anyway, I expect Bob has made it to the other end of the country by now and is getting settled in. I sincerely wish him the best possible experience out there. There's not a lot not to like about where he's going to be living, and I hope it gives him everything he's looking for.

He wandered out of the customs area carrying two smallish suitcases and a folding garment bag. Heavy, sure, but I couldn't help but reflect on the utter portability of the totality of the man's earthly possessions versus the mounds of fking garbage that I have been shuttling from place to place.

I never thought I'd say this, but you could find yourself taking a valuable lesson from good old Buford.

He's a nice guy, too, but I assume you guys already figured that.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:05 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I AM a nice guy and I DO try to keep that under my hat. We all have reputations to maintain, after all.

Sadly Bob blew into town at the worst possible time for me. We're in the middle of a move and I really only had that one night to hang out. I've spent the last five days wondering just where in the hell I accumulated so much junk.

So, yeah, Bob met my son, my wife, the cat, and saw the apartment we've just vacated. Unfortunately, I'm not sure my son made the best possible impression. He is an airplane and airline and airport fanatic, and each time we go to the airport either to look at planes and mess around or to pick someone up, no matter how much advance explanation I give, once it dawns on him that he and I are in fact not going to travel anywhere but that I have instead cruelly exposed him to the proximity of airline travel without the logical follow-through, AGAIN!, well, he reacts with what many might consider a disproportionate level of disappointment.

He will be five in exactly one week. I expect him to grow out of this at some point in the next ten years, but I guess you never really know. I suppose he could just take matters into his own hands and enroll himself in flight school.

Anyway, I expect Bob has made it to the other end of the country by now and is getting settled in. I sincerely wish him the best possible experience out there. There's not a lot not to like about where he's going to be living, and I hope it gives him everything he's looking for.

He wandered out of the customs area carrying two smallish suitcases and a folding garment bag. Heavy, sure, but I couldn't help but reflect on the utter portability of the totality of the man's earthly possessions versus the mounds of fking garbage that I have been shuttling from place to place.

I never thought I'd say this, but you could find yourself taking a valuable lesson from good old Buford.

He's a nice guy, too, but I assume you guys already figured that.
No need to apologize for your boy. One of my niece's children is the same age and he smarts off to his parents all the time. I want to just smack him but I know I can't do that. Such insolence! So I was cool and actually glad your son came along. It was probably after his bed time and I imagine that made him cranky.

I tried to be thorough in my packing but I've learned I'm a few Cat 5 wires short of a router. Using the landlord's for now. Weather here has been terrific and the views are tremendous but I'm a bit too isolated. Good news! There's a nice restaurant/bar within walking distance! Bad news! it's only open Saturday and Sunday.

Power just went out. I better log off.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:25 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Power just went out. I better log off.
This literally made me laugh out loud.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:00 PM
All-Pro

I'm so disappointed because it never occurred to me that the Chuckster would be anything but a dog guy but as the owner of an awesome schnauzer can't help but be prejudice.
Once took a job in ATL just to be working @ Hartsfield airport so his son sounds like a really cool young man.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:18 PM
All-Pro

I am definitely a dog guy rather than a cat person, but cats always seem to find me.